So a couple of weeks ago I attended WorldPride in Toronto with my boyfriend, I had actually went on holiday to Canada especially to experience such a thing and since Canada is one of them most accepting places for a 20 something gay guy and his boyfriend I was somewhat shocked to see this in Dundas Sq

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are nut-jobs everywhere.

That "warning - hellfire" poster is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. Wonder if they put any of their own ideas in there? This stupid mofo believes in warlocks and thinks TV watchers are going to hell. He also doesn't like feminists and childish men. What the hell does all that mean?

Should stand next to him with a sign that reads "Christians are going to hell", with a citation from the Quran. 

Most of us aren't like that, but it shames us all anyway.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight... eternal torture for supporting "the radical proposition that women are people"? I don't think so!

Coming back now to address your blog title "Gawd's Love." Let me remind everyone that we are told how great god's love is. God has a greater love for us and everything than the world has ever known. Chrisitians have a way of opening up their arms so they appear as someone on a cross and they say "jesus loves you this much." (Oh, see the suffering here.) Religion has to have suffering so as to impress you with the guilt! Yes, Jesus died for us, but what a death it was. He was only dead for a weekend and during that time he was preaching in hell. Some sacrifice.

Just when you thought this old preacher was really going to preach again, let me tell you one more time about god's love.

GOD'S LOVE IS CONDITIONAL. That's right. You heard it. God has conditional love!

Some counter-protestors should have big signs saying "HELL IS IMAGINARY" and similar things!

(Too often the ideas in the "marketplace" are limited to "God said this!" "No, God said that!" I wanted to step away from the unstated god-assumption, and actually made a flyer from a humanistic perspective... feel free to modify, improve, and share it!)

I  like saying "You mean Michigan ? " 

WTF is a 'yoga new ager'?

I have no idea. I think anything non Christian or Abrihamic  I guess. 

I have a lot of admiration for Buddhism and I practise meditation since it helps my mental wellbeing a lot so  I am probably a "Yoga New Ager"

Unfortunately, this proselytizer forgot a few of the more heinous leagues of Satan on his sign.

Fraternal Order of Elks
The Moose Lodge
Rosicrucians
Freemasons
Skull and Bones Society
Wankers
Slackers
Thugs
Mugs
Pugs
Desperados
Fraternal Order of Police
AmVets
Girl Scouts
Pipefitters Union
Odd Fellows
The Raccoon Lodge
Unitarians
Catholic Knights of the Altar 
The Red Cross
The Red Crescent
The Red Badge of Courage
The Red Shoes
Red Skelton
Red Foxx
Ready Teddy by Little Richard

and worst of all

Presbyterians

Pat, you forgot the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service