Fox News Op-Ed Says Women’s Nature Is To Be Dominated By Men

I beg your pardon! Where do you get your information? It certainly doesn't come out of population studies. Yes, there are

independent, active, aggressive, domineering men and there are also 
dependent, passive, subordinate, acquiescent men; just as there are 
dependent, passive, subordinate, acquiescent women and there are also 
independent, active, aggressive, domineering women. 

Sex-role stereotypes and clinical judgments of mental health.
Broverman IK, Broverman DM, Clarkson FE, Rosenkrantz PS, Vogel SR.
J Consult Clin Psychol. 1970 Feb;34(1):1-7.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5436460
Gender roles are as delusional as those who place labels on men and women. 

Some women have a natural inclination to enjoy babies and children, others loath everything about them. 
Some men have a natural inclination to enjoy babies and children, others loath everything about them.

To make such broad generalizations about men and women reveals lack of understanding and knowledge about sex role stereotypes and their long range harmful consequences. 

If a dependent, passive, subordinate male goes to a therapist and to get therapy to attempt to change him to be an independent, aggressive, dominate male, there can be psychologically negative consequences for him. The same is true if an independent, active, dominate females goes to a therapist and to get therapy to attempt to change her to a dependent, passive, subordinate female, there can also be psychologically negative consequences for her. 

Who says males should be aggressive and women should be passive? Sounds like that old time religion to me. That is sick psychology and delusional theology.
This makes as much sense as expecting all men and all women to be heterosexual. 
Nonsense! This is Dark Ages reasoning and does not stand up to scrutiny! 

Views: 482

Replies to This Discussion

No I don't want to be dominated by men. They lie.

And Fox news op ed folks natures is to have their heads up their as*es.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service