Hullo everybody! It says "Introductions", so I'll make a feeble attempt at one. Like the title says, I'm a former Swede (born & raised in Sweden in 1973, moved to the U.S. in 1997 and became a U.S. citizen in 2011), living in the midwest (KCMO). I have never been a believer, so there's no great story of my "fall from faith" to tell, but going from just ignoring faith I have lately come to despise religion and all its corrupt and misleading forms, and really take note of the irreparable damage it does to people, especially young minds.

To my strongest inspirators I count people like Dawkins, Hitchens, Feynman, De Grasse Tyson, Carolyn Porco, Phil Plait and others, and I have a blog that my wife lovingly refers to as my "hate-blog" - Musings of an Atheist, which I to date haven't really decided on if I should try to push, or keep as a strictly catharsis experience.

Let's just start there :)

Thanks for reading!

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed - once you realize how the religious (many of them) distrust us "unbelievers", and some of the rationalization that's going on, it's really easy. Also, once you realize how much religious interests influences political life, it's easier still.

Isn't Sweden quite secular? That must've been nice.

Certainly one of the most secular countries in the world, according to some sources. I am both baptized and confirmed, but more so as a function of historical customs, and not (at least not to me) for any religious reason whatsoever. However, just recently looking into the newly born daughter of the crown princess of Sweden and the customary baptism, I found out that the Swedish regent/monarch/king/queen must be Christian - it's written into the constitution! Dark ages, I tell you.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service