Florida church sponsors "International Burn A Koran Day"

The Dove World Outreach Center, a non-denominational church in Gainesville FL, is planning to mark this year's anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks with a little bonfire of Korans, the holy book of Islam. They even have a Facebook page with a mission statement to justify their actions.

More, including a video of one of them ranting and burning a Koran, here.

Tags: Christians behaving badly

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another bunch of religious crazies. *rolleyes*
The man in the video is as irrational as the Muslim leaders are. By defending one reasonless faith – Christianity – against another reasonless faith – Islam – he is not doing anything positive. Is he?
If I was local I'd show up to contribute to the cause by tossing some Bibles in :)
I'll bring the marshmallows.
This reminds me of a memorable line from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:

Prof. Henry Jones: It [his diary with the secrets of the Grail] tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try reading books instead of burning them!
So,will the muslims threaten to kill these people?
I think the Christians in question have exercised their second amendment rights enough to neither need your or their god's support.
Book burning, that seems to be the answer for these Christian fanatics, just like the Apostle Paul incited on Mars hill, lets go burn some books and burnt all the books of ancient knowledge. What a waste, and even the Nazis did the same thing, seems to me that religious nuts love to keep mankind bound in the chains of ignorance. Burning the Koran isn't going to stop a thing. You can not kill a concept or an idea or a superstition that is only written down in a book, you have to change it with education and common sense and reasoning, and a good psychological cleansing and evaluation.
If they are going to burn the Koran then they should burn their bibles too, after all the Koran is just a duplicate of the bible only with more BS added for good measure.
That's not really true. But you're right that it's Bullshit and I suppose a similar genre of Bullshit. They can burn their Bibles if they want I suppose. It occurs to me that if they want to be safe they should have written a longer holy book: http://www.amazon.com/Oxford-English-Dictionary-Vols-1-20/dp/019861... this sort of length. And unlike the Bible it's certainly a book I recommend you Americans read (just messin').
I've stated this about eighty million times. I feel that these people are intolerant, racist, and hateful -- all of the things Christians are supposed to be against. But, as much as I wish they would all just shut up and get along, I can't force them not to do something with their own property. These people have a right to do with their property as they please, and burning it is within those rights. I have a right to protest it, but I don't have a right to stop them. It's just all around stupid. I'd love to burn a bible on video and put it on the web, but, I'm a lot nicer than those people are. I won't stoop to that level.
Stupid people burn, hit, punch , and kick things they disagree with. Smart people refute, debate, criticize, and ridicule things they disagree with.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service