Atheist Nexus Logo

Hello everyone,

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What brought me here?  As a child, I was indoctrinated into the mormon church.  It took me a long time to break-out of that brainwashing, and another few years to fully become an atheist.  

While watching YouTube videos, I came across the ones from ex-mormons and from them learned of the site http://www.lifeaftermormonism.net/

I joined that site and enjoyed it for several years, but finally became fed-up with religious people that could see why mormonism was false, but not other religions.  Their stupidity and preaching became so annoying that I finally found this site from one of the other ex-mormons there.

I like this site so much that I've only briefly tried a few others.  None are as enjoyable as Atheist Nexus.

Hi Brittney. Welcome to A/N.

You will find lots of things here to talk about and people to talk to also. This site supports atheist belief. I ended up here a little less than 2  years ago, having just woke up one day to realize that I really am atheist.

Hello and welcome!

I stumbled upon this site and have not regretted getting involved. It's a great place to meet like-minded people who treat you with respect. Come here and feel free to express views that on other sites might cause a snowball of hell and damnation.

Welcome Brittney, I came to AN by chance and have never regretted it. 

Hi Brittney,

I came to Nexus when Sarah Palin and McCain were running against Obama for president.  That seems like a long time.  I was dismayed by the religiosity of the politics and needed a way to connect with rational people.

I searched on a cult that I followed closely as a teenager, but never fully embraced.  That was the Worldwide Church of God.   I did a websearch, sort of "whatever happened to...?" and discovered that a former member was on Atheist Nexus at the time.  That piqued my interest, and I joined.

The Nexus website has evolved and matured since then.  It's been a great journey for me.  I stay active, to stay sane, and because I have some wonderful friends here who are like virtual family to me.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service