Hello everyone,

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What brought me here?  As a child, I was indoctrinated into the mormon church.  It took me a long time to break-out of that brainwashing, and another few years to fully become an atheist.  

While watching YouTube videos, I came across the ones from ex-mormons and from them learned of the site http://www.lifeaftermormonism.net/

I joined that site and enjoyed it for several years, but finally became fed-up with religious people that could see why mormonism was false, but not other religions.  Their stupidity and preaching became so annoying that I finally found this site from one of the other ex-mormons there.

I like this site so much that I've only briefly tried a few others.  None are as enjoyable as Atheist Nexus.

Hi Brittney. Welcome to A/N.

You will find lots of things here to talk about and people to talk to also. This site supports atheist belief. I ended up here a little less than 2  years ago, having just woke up one day to realize that I really am atheist.

Hello and welcome!

I stumbled upon this site and have not regretted getting involved. It's a great place to meet like-minded people who treat you with respect. Come here and feel free to express views that on other sites might cause a snowball of hell and damnation.

Welcome Brittney, I came to AN by chance and have never regretted it. 

Hi Brittney,

I came to Nexus when Sarah Palin and McCain were running against Obama for president.  That seems like a long time.  I was dismayed by the religiosity of the politics and needed a way to connect with rational people.

I searched on a cult that I followed closely as a teenager, but never fully embraced.  That was the Worldwide Church of God.   I did a websearch, sort of "whatever happened to...?" and discovered that a former member was on Atheist Nexus at the time.  That piqued my interest, and I joined.

The Nexus website has evolved and matured since then.  It's been a great journey for me.  I stay active, to stay sane, and because I have some wonderful friends here who are like virtual family to me.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service