Maybe something low key, possibly meeting at a cafe, somewhere centrally located? I think the place could be chosen according to who plans to attend (due to distance). How does January or February sound? Any interest in socializing, as well as (possibly) planning something for Darwin Day?

If someone is a member of the Burlington Atheists and Humanist group, and would like to talk this up over there once we've got a date, time, and place, that would be great.

Folks who are uncomfortable in social situations shouldn't feel like they'll be less a part of this group if they don't show up. However, RSVPs from those who are likely to come would be good.

If people want to start tossing out possible dates and places, that would be great.

Tags: First ever Atheist Nexus Vermont get-together, Skeptical Vermont, Vermont, community

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

One more week!
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sherrie
I will try to be there. :)
I'm there!
I am going to make every effort to be at Sapa early so that I can stake out a table for us. I carry a big yellow messenger bag that states "Ceiling Cat Is Watching You". I'll either be carrying it, or I'll have it on the table.

Since I live about one and one half hours away, and since there is road construction nearby, and since shit happens, if one (or more) of you Burlington area folk have the time and inclination, would you (just in case I don't get there early) stake out a table for us? I suspect room for six will be enough, but I could be wrong. Something to identify you or the table would be helpful.
I'll be there. I've got french braids and glasses, and I carry a camouflage backpack.

If anyone shows up early, there will be free food with Food Not Bombs in City Hall Park starting at 1.
How was the free food? I forgot to ask.
Delicious: vegan chili and stir-fry, bread from August First, fresh fruit and vegetables, and spaghetti with meat sauce for the omnivores.
Food Not Bombs serves every Sunday in City Hall Park. Definitely check it out if you're in the area.
...And if you want to help out we're always looking for new members : )
Heh. Are you going to be driving back and forth from Maine? I like vegan food, and I like non-vegan food. It's all good when its good.

I'm a bit swamped with volunteer work right now, plus I should be looking for a way to generate income at some point.
I will probably come back a few times from Maine to visit, but it's a big trip so I won't be doing it that often.
If you can make it, that would be great. If not, we'll look forward to seeing you when you are back from Maine after the summer is over.
FIRST.

At Sapa's now, although I'm an hour early. I'm going to take my iced tea and wander Church St for a bit, then I'll be back.
Black cap, shorts, green bag with Chairman Mao on it. See y'all soon.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service