Fired from my job because of a post I made on a forum here

Its been a while since I've posted, but some of you might remember this post I made back in August when I was debating about taking the job because of its religious affiliations. Well, last night my boss googled my name. Who knows why. She fired me for it. She wanted me to delete it, but I refused. I'm really feeling like shit right now. I probably shouldn't be writing this as she will probably look for a legal way to make me remove the first post I made.

Views: 100

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I thought it was legal for religious organizations to discriminate to their hearts content. No?
Wow, what a "loving Christian woman", lol @ her hypocritical life. It's obvious that love children and desperately want to teach so badly and needed finances that you'd teach at a religious school and mind your manners. I say, they should have used their 'loving christian' attitude and accepted you fully, understanding that you are a good teacher and love kids. How absurd and dumb on their part. Churches need to pay taxes.

Look, get legal with them. This is hypocritical, intolerant, bigotry; and it is illegal. Keep us posted.

Also, A/N, why is this stuff public??? Why can't you make posts invisible to google searches???
Individuals can make their stuff private. It works the same way Facebook and MySpace does.
You guys backing me up has made me feel immensely better. I don't blame AN for this at all in re of privacy settings. Honestly, I forgot I made the post after my mind got busy on actually working. I didn't think twice about it. Had I remembered I would have probably removed it, but I guess I felt that nobody was bored enough to Google my name to dig up "dirt." I guess I was a bit naive. I know this is public domain, but I felt like it was a real invasion of privacy.

Anyways, Bro Richard, I really appreciate your help. I can't thank you enough for trying.
I recently changed my profile information for fear of getting in trouble at work. I don't think there would be a huge issue about my atheism, as I'm very open about it. But, I do make some provocative comments herein!~

I hope you stick it to em!
Yeah, I also refrain from disclosing my name for fear of discrimination from the military. I'll join MAAF when I retire :) It's not the discrimination from fellow enlisted's I fear, it's discrimination from the higher ups, such as the chaplains.
If chaplains are now expected to understand the beliefs of muslims and pagans I doubt very seriously they would have a problem with atheists. I was very impressed with our military for that very reason, one point in their favor at least. Good luck to you.
If I did not know better I would swear after reading your post we are all living in Iran under the Muslim theocracy. Christians are doing the same thing as they are accusing other religious theocracy are doing by forcing their rhetoric on others to either believe in their gods or be punished for refusing to.
To all of you who have been discriminated against because you are a nontheist, please know that I need your narrative listed in the Anti-Discrimination Support Network's database. I have a form for you to complete giving me permission to share findings with the United Nations Freedom of Religion and Belief Committee. Please email with a request for the form. Downey1@downey1.cnc.net

I'm here to help. I can assist with everything from finding you an attorney to finding someone who will volunteer to provide counseling for the trauma you experienced.
Thanks Margaret!
That is very messed up, part of why losing anonymity on the internet blows.
i'm not sure that its legal to fire someone based on religion but since it was a private school they might be able to do that sort of thing, especially in the south >.< hell they might actually go out of their way to find some other bs reason to fire you.
I'm in IL so the rules may be different, but has this also gone through the unemployment office? I ask because it would require them to contact the school (at least it does in my state) for further information. Of course this is secondary to any and all legal council you are receiving and is strictly based on my hope that there is additional help for you out there. Besides, the money and free help can be really useful and the school would probably be required to help pay for it via unemployment.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service