Fired from my job because of a post I made on a forum here

Its been a while since I've posted, but some of you might remember this post I made back in August when I was debating about taking the job because of its religious affiliations. Well, last night my boss googled my name. Who knows why. She fired me for it. She wanted me to delete it, but I refused. I'm really feeling like shit right now. I probably shouldn't be writing this as she will probably look for a legal way to make me remove the first post I made.

Views: 111

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am writing my local ACLU office today.
I would like to say that if people have suggestions for Ashley, they add her and email her.
Her employer could well be stalking this forum now.
...indeed... good point.
Then she's about to get an eye opening lesson in what freedom of religion means, freedom of speech means, and wrongful termination means.

We have laws.
And no amount of intolerance towards other peoples beliefs can get you around those laws.

If she doesn't like it, she's in the wrong damn country.
1. Go after them, as Loren and others suggested! This is a violation of your rights.

2. Don't use your real name on social sites. Really. You don't live in a free country. Freedom only exists where anonymity exists.
I guess I'll change my name now. It makes me so sad to know that I must live in the shadows. So sad....
Remember to change you page url also, it's found in your settings. Good luck!
Well hopefully not. Realize that you have been victimized by this person's prejudice and insecurity. If Christians really had all this unwavering faith they lay claim to, they wouldn't feel so threatened by the presence non-believers - to the point where they behave in such an un-Christian manner.
Just shows the condition that the U.S.A. is in right now. If you've ever seen the Cult of Dusty video about Atheists being the new niggers, I absolutely agree with him. We're the only group it's still okay to discriminate against.

I'm not racist. I just don't really have a problem with the word. I don't understand why people do. I don't want to be labeled as a racist on here, lol.
And if you're gay, atheist, and fat, well, you should just kill yourself.
You should use the word ginger then........ Tim Minchin did.....
Ashley, another thought: get digital snapshots of any pages your boss may have referred to on here and get them WITH YOUR CURRENT NAME on them before you change it. That way there is no ambiguity about what was written where and by whom. This stuff is EVIDENCE.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service