Fig Leaf Newton Spins Homophobic Past and Explains Yet Prejudicial "Civil Unions"

"The effort to create alternatives to marriage between a man and a woman are perfectly natural pagan behaviors, but they are a fundamental violation of our civilization.”  After serially chased skirts and three opportunistic marriages, this guy has the nerve to say civil unions is as far as he can allow.  Doesn't he mean as far as the Vatican will allow?  Newtie is the worst form of Catholic, sinning so he can confess.  But he has never confessed what he and his painted wife were doing with $500K accounts His and Hers at Tiffany's.  Did that money come from Nevada?  Just wondering....

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was a pagan (a Wiccan) and so far as I know we didn't try to create "alternative marriages." We just recognised marriages.

As far as that backlash not being very pretty, remember which group owns the most guns.

Lizard Lips Gingrich is the "idea man" of the conservatives. Which, is true enough. He has lots and lots of ideas. Problem is, every single one of them is bizarre, at best, and normally just plain lousy.

Gingrich defined himself as an "advocate of civilization, definer of civilization, teacher of the rules of civilization, arouser of those who fan civilization, organizer of the pro-civilization activists, leader (possibly) of the civilizing forces." Damn, I love his under stated humility!

So, as the great definer and bench mark of human civilization, he has now defined marriage for the rest of us. But, hey. Give the guy a break. After numerous sleazy adulterous affairs, we should pay heed to the musings of the great spokesperson for lifelong monogamous relations.

He's gross.

I've always used that argument, Pat, but with a light twist.  I ask the DOMA types, if your marriage is so good how come 50% of you end in divorce courts?  For all you know, gay and lesbian marriages might last a whole lot longer; that is, there might not be a 50% divorce rate.  Maybe 43% or 39%, whatever.  What makes a man and woman think that theirs is the only type of marriage there should be?  Marriage is something civil and may be accomplished without church intervention.  Marriage as a civil matter, however, is hardly the exclusive property of bigoted heterosexual religious nuts.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Daniel W replied to Ceil's discussion An interesting discussion on Santa...
2 minutes ago
Leon Gretsky replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
6 minutes ago
15 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
17 minutes ago
Glen Rosenberg replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
18 minutes ago
Ceil replied to Ceil's discussion An interesting discussion on Santa...
19 minutes ago
Scott DeLong liked Dan Barker's profile
20 minutes ago
20 minutes ago
23 minutes ago
26 minutes ago
30 minutes ago
33 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service