I have seen a bunch of people quoting the bible to show the absurdity of the "moral teaching" that comes from it. I was looking to start a thread as a starting point.

What are your favorites?

Tags: Bible, christian, verses

Views: 4742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my!!! He didn't even use a coat hanger.
Love it all.
That is an excellent site.
My all-time favorite verse from the Bible is one verse where the Bible itself admits that it was written by liars!

How can you say, "We are wise,
for we have the law of the LORD,"
when actually the lying pen of the scribes
has handled it falsely?

- Jeremiah 8:8
2 Kings 2:23-24 (King James Version)

23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Children tease an old man. God's response: BEARS.
King James Bible
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. Psalm 137.9

Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. Genesis 19:36

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron. Judges 1:19

(emphasis mine)
Thought you might find this interesting...
Leviticus 18:6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord. 7: The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
Matthew 5:27-31-27:Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,Thou shall not commit adultery.
28:but I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath commited adultery with her already in his heart. 29:and if the right eye offended thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30:and if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 31:it hath been said, whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32:but I say unto you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced commiteth adultery.

So basically, if you look at a woman, you should gouge out your eye and throw it away, because you have commited adultery. And anyone that marries a woman who has been divorced is also commiting adultery.
Leviticus 15:19-22
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.
And everything that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: everything also that she siteth upon shall be unclean.
And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
And whosoever toucheth anything she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Leviticus 19:33-34
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt, I am the Lord, your God.
I like the verse that tells us what the sin of Sodom really was. It has nothing to do with what Xtians consider sodomy.

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
Ezekiel 16:49
The Niv Bible
In the Ten Commandments the very first commandment is:

Exodus 20:3 "Thou shalt put no other Gods before me"

Since the Roman Catholic Church Elevated Jesus to God status and worship him, as God, they have put Jesus before God. Technically speaking anyone that calls themselves a Christian is breaking the first commandment. Therefore all Christians are sinners and going to hell. Wait till the masses find this out!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service