"Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful."  --Seneca the Younger (4 B.C.E.-65 C.E.).

Views: 2037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
Carl Sagan

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and dogmatism cannot confine it." letter to his son, John Quincy Adams, November 13, 1816

“In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second.”

Mark Twain

"To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom"

Betrand Russell
"God, please save me from your followers."
Ramen!
"One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests" Thomas Paine.
“There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.”

“God so loved the world that he made up his mind to damn a large majority of the human race”

“The real oppressor, enslaver, and corrupter of the people is the Bible”

Robert Green Ingersoll

And the religious right think defiant atheism is a new thing. Ingersoll died in 1899.
Good quotes, I've got to look into this Ingersoll...
Here's a digitized version of "The Gods, and Other Lectures." Best of Ingersoll.

http://books.google.com/books?id=cxQvAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcov...

I have a hard copy I picked up many, many years ago through an antiquarian book dealer for what I remember was a fairly modest fee. Don't know what one goes for now. All the best.
Religion was a part of 4 dimensional blocking implant before Home Universe era (silver 5D spiral with 6D "full turn")
Religion from that perspective today is very twisted - through agreements universe (alignment effort in definitions concerning ethics), penalty universes (religion dynamics with To Enlighten of Rabbit Preacher valence, To Convert Reptilian, To Connect of Female Angel and To Worship of The Knight), but also with it's "later" modifications, such as Dear Souls civilization of making people sickly good and weak, To Christ games, incl YashipondrecYatrus "wild madness" with bombs and bio-technologies etc
Interdimensional Anu gold-symmetry games with eslavement scenarios and Targ's Black Ring wormhole's and Limitation System in the spine of the today human mind-body template, of which are full streets of New York, as well, as of Nairobi, for example
So, "religion" is quite twisted definition, not to mention, that the very fractal Alphabetic symmetry fractalization of letters-personas, that ABC is made of - it makes the very use of definitions twisted
If you look at "human" trap - dichotomy of Godlike-HUMan appear, how "human" playing part would deny God's involvment?
Ah, the wise know naturally, that religion is false - re-enlighten is strange thing to do, while the very "enlightenment" by the original jewel of knowledge was not enlightenment, but a sly trap
And to polis electromagnetic bee-hive cohesion and politicus leadership of it - that's the story in it's own right
When our platform becomes too narrow for people of all creeds and of no creeds, I myself shall not stand upon it. Susan B. Anthony
"What I do wish to maintain—and it is here that the scientific attitude becomes imperative—is that insight, untested and unsupported, is an insufficient guarantee of truth, in spite of the fact that much of the most important truth is first suggested by its means." - Bertrand Russell
"To the extent that we say God's will lies beyond the evidence of our senses, just exactly to that extent can we claim justification in enslaving and doing violence to our brothers."--anon
I have observed that the world has suffered far less from ignorance than from pretensions to knowledge. It is not skeptics or explorers but fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress. No agnostic ever burned anyone at the stake or tortured a pagan, a heretic, or an unbeliever. – Daniel Boorstin

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service