"Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful."  --Seneca the Younger (4 B.C.E.-65 C.E.).

Views: 2037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are a few of my favorites.

We are star stuff which has taken its destiny into its own hands. -Carl Sagan-

"Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could live." -Krauss-

"The Universe is huge and old and rare things happen all the time." -Krauss-

Bill Maher: "How do you convince people of what's the turth."
Senior Vatican Priest: " You don't, forget about it, you just have to live and die with your stupid ideas."
- Religulous -

Instead of being "born again", why don't you just grow up.

If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people. - House-

Religion - Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it in public and don't shove it down your children's throats.

"GOD" is most accurately defined as the personification of ignorance, representing everything that we do not yet understand. --Kenneth Marsalek
Instead of being "born again", why don't you just grow up.

Excellent!
The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook
Irreverence is another person's disrespect to your god; there isn't any word that tells what your disrespect to his god is.
-- Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger
"the greatest victory of science over religion hapened when they began installing lightning conductors on churches"

Isaac Asimov
LOL!
It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be: 'You came up with the idea. Why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers. But I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly.' They'd go: 'What do you mean prove you can't?' 'Prove you can!'

-Ricky Gervais
Excellent!
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile. — Kurt Vonnegut
"God... a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man's power to conceive." Rand
"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
-- Mark Twain
Mark Twain is definitely the king of these!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service