"Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful."  --Seneca the Younger (4 B.C.E.-65 C.E.).

Views: 2029

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looooool But nobody would expect those to work while billions of people believe that prayer does. Still then Nothing Fails Like Prayer
HERETICS! BLASPHEMERS! You will be smited ... or is that smote ... aaah, whatever, pass the fermented lamb's milk!
That was a good 1!
Faith's insistence on being on top despite its long-standing inability to bring Science to a fulfilling orgasm eventually led Science to seek more virile partners, leaving self-gratifying Faith alone in the bed, continually adding to the spew on the crustily stained sheets of humankind. -- Styvyn Larson on Facebook (2/17/10)
"Religion isn't the opiate of the masses, it's the placebo of the masses." --Dr. Gregory House
I like the way I once saw some verses identified; Big Book of Jewish Fairy Tales, New Part, Mark's Bit 5:2-4. (Exact verses irrelevant to what I found humorous.)
"And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too." - Omar Khayyám

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot

"Man is certainly stark mad: he cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozen."- Michel de Montaigne

"Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who had to drown His own?"- Robert G. Ingersoll

"Prayer: To ask the laws of the universe to be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy." - Ambrose Bierce

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." - Ambrose Bierce

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." - Peter O’Toole

"Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends! Well I say there are some things we don't want to know! Important things!" - Ned Flanders

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Unknown
Same what an awesome quote. I shall be adding it to my collection =)
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
---Nietzsche

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
---Blaise Pascal
Evil people do evil things and good people do good things, but for good people to do evil things requires religion.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." -Han Solo

But seriously: "After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn't it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked why I bother to getup in the mornings." -Richard Dawkins

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service