"Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful."  --Seneca the Younger (4 B.C.E.-65 C.E.).

Views: 2050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This has been on my page for a while ... time to put it to use!

It is the final proof of God's omnipotence that he need not exist in order to save us.

-- Peter De Vries
sacred cows make the best hamburger.

--Mark Twain
This is my favorite quote as well. I love it!
Christians (I don't know other books well enough) have said it very well themselves: "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Romans something or other - pretty much sums up the problem.
But...but...but, things not seen cannot be evidence of anything.
Including the FSM.
I don't know about that FSM ... I'd swear I smell marinara!
I've seen the chart showing the clear relationship between pirates and global warming too. That settles it for me, I'm convinced. I mean, it's on a chart - have you not seen the chart?!?

My two favorites are:
"You do not need the bible to justify love, but no
better tool has been invented to justify hate." - Richard Weatherwax

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony
I also like
"So many christians...so few lions."
My daughter never really got a good look at a crucifix until she was 3; we were walking by a church and she stopped to look at the one they had displayed out front and said "ewwww!" I asked "what, honey?" she said with revulsion "I don't like that scarecrow!" that's what we call it now: The Scarecrow.

She didn't realize at the time it was any relation to the xtian cross, which we refer to as "their death rune".

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service