"Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful."  --Seneca the Younger (4 B.C.E.-65 C.E.).

Views: 2020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Made this one up myself," When I was 4 years old I had an imaginary friend but I outgrew it,

NOW,WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM????????"
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
"If the Lord is your shepherd, what does that make you?" Anon.

"Hell is for children." Pat Benatar (take that how you want - even in context it could still be an atheist saying.)

Just heard this on "Men of a Certain Age" (with apologies for any paraphrasing)

- It's all just the universe pushing and pulling on itself.

- You mean like fate?

- Or utter randomness. Either way - a hundred years - all new people
God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks, please. Cash and in small bills. Robert Heinlein
You can ALWAYS depend on ol' Bob for some pithy quotes regarding deities!
Just saw this posted on Facebook by Markella Hatziano (she of The God Delusion song):

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." ~H. L. Mencken
"God" is the sound people make when they have stopped thinking.
Hahaha - I usually just say 'duh' and start breathing through my mouth.
"Give a man a fish; he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll give you 10% of his fish for the rest of his life"
I heard it slightly different, "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Give a man religion and he will starve to death while praying for a fish". -Timothy Jones
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day - teach a man to fish and he'll spend all day in a boat drinking beer.
I resemble that remark ...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service