Hello my friends on Atheist Nexus,

Glad to be a member in here:)

This my first discussion...and sorry if this has been discussed before.

I'm curious to know about your favorite atheist quotes..

about everything, science, ethics, morals, wisdom and any kind of quote that attracted you..

Here is my favorite one,

Tags: atheist, favorite, quotes

Views: 1892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Christianity
The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yeah, makes perfect sense...
haha! I like this!

My personal favorite:

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."-- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. Unknown

+1

Thanks!

"Trying to use the bible to prove the existence of God, is the same as tying to use a star wars novel to prove the existence of Darth Vader".

-nonstampcollector 

(youtube)

I have recently read the epic Mahabharata and it was no surprise if it preaches faith in god and 'dharma', but it also strongly advocates faith in Brahmins!

MADHUKAR KULKARNI

This is one of my favorite quotes about atheism from god is not great: How religion poisons everything: "Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely solely upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is freeinquiry, open mindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake. We do not hold our convictions dogmatically: the disagreement between Professor Stephen Jay Gould and Professor Richard Dawkins, concerning "punctuated evolution" and the unfilled gaps in post-Darwinian theory, is quite wide as well as quite deep, but we shall resolve it by evidence and reasoning and not by mutual excommunication."- Christopher Hitchens, The Hitch

Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythology - Thomas Jefferson

The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity - John Adams

In no instance have....the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people - James Madison

Lighthouses are more helpful than churches - Benjamin Franklin

Kill a man - one is a murderer - Kill a million - a conquerer - Kill them all - GOD (Jean Rostand 1894-1977)

and since it's a Friday.....

Friday's Christian Prayer

TGIF

Thanks God

I'm forgiven

Because I don't want to be - Responsible For My Actions.......A-men

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of
common sense."  – Chapman Cohen
Madhukar Kulkarni. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service