Anyone has a favorite album?

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

8-0 Well there is an easy fix for that... GO LISTEN TO ONE!!!! Just don't try to make it the White Album first, you might not get through that one. Wait, you can sit through that metal noise AND all the Final Fantasy soundtracks but not a Beatles album?? Sometimes the world doesn't make any sense to me...

I likey my metal noise. I just love an aggressive riff. Plus any genre that openly bashes God is fun in my book.

I do have Beatles music, but it's scrambled and disorganized, so you lose the true album feel.

I still have some beatles on Vinyl I "borrowed" from my parents, it's the only reason I still have a record player.
This is the list I would want if stranded on an island:
Peter Gabriel - So
Beatles - Please Please Me
Kate Bush - The Hounds of Love
Regina Spektor - Fidelity
Chick Corea - Friends
Paul Simon - Graceland
Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Keith Jarret  - The Koln Concerts
Led Zepplin - II
Pink Floyd - The Wall

...and maybe a few others. But these albums always top my list of favorites. 
Revolver.

I know Sgt. Pepper is considered their most mastertfull masterpiece. But for me, what they did just prior to that is even better because they were able to be just as innovative, influential, and important w/o being self conciose about it in the least. This is almost impossible to even imagine today as today no one does anything w/o their next reaction being self conciose about it. Modern culture is inundated w reality programs where people are watched and made self conciose celebrities for no reason more than that they are being watched.

Up thru Revolver the Beatles were seemingly almost single handedly changing popular music and culture almost entirely as if they were unaware of it, and unaware of the attention paid to them.

I have plenty of others I like a lot as well, but the question was what our favorite album is.
Revolver and Rubber Soul. They are almost like a twin CD, their sound is so similar.

The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan

Alice in Chains: Jar of Flies

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon

Black Sabbath: Paranoid

Soundgarden: Down on the Upside

Wolfmother: Wolfmother

Good choice Jennifer! Massive fan of Metallica myself and RTL is quite awesome, especially For Whom the Bell Tolls which is one of my favourite 'tallica songs.

However, I'm actually going to go for Death Magnetic. Maybe it's because it's more recent and it's fresher in my head, but also I find myself constantly playing it even two and a half years after it's release. Jamming along to it on the guitar is simply incredible!

Metallica - Master of Puppets, . . . And Justice For All

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same (contains far superior versions of great ones like Stairway, Dazed and Confused, No Quarter, O'er the Hills and Far Away), Physical Graffiti

Pink Floyd - Dark Side, Pulse

The Dyno Four - Live at the Baked Potato (Greg Mathieson, Abe Laboriel Sr., Michael Landau, Vinnie Colaiuta)

Frank Zappa - Overnite Sensation

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss

Rush - 2112

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland, Valleys of Neptune

Steely Dan - Gaucho, Can't Buy A Thrill

Chick Corea - Paint the World

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

Robin Trower - Day of the Eagle

Toto - Toto, Falling In Between, Kingdom of Desire

Van Halen - Fair Warning

As of this moment my fave in With Teeth-NIN. But I have many, many favorites...

Disturbed-Ten Thousand Fists

SOAD-Toxicity and Steal This Album

Avenged Sevenfold-Avenged Sevenfold

Black Sabbath-Live at Hammersmith Odeon

Metallica-And Justice For All and the Black album

Janis Joplin-Greatest Hits

The Talking Heads-Greatest Hits

Kings of Leon-Only By the Night

Sick Puppies-Tri-Polar

The Beatles- Abbey Road

Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

Led Zepplin- Physical Graffiti

Metallica- ...and Justice for All

Guns n' Roses- Appetite for Destruction

...and of course Yngwie Malmsteen, although I have trouble picking a favorite album.  It'd probably have to go with either Fire and Ice or the Seventh Sign.

I can't ever settle on one type of music for long enough to really pick a favorite. For a long time it was Metallica Black... now I can't listen to that anymore. Rock Operas always hold a place in my heart! Currently I'm into J-Pop though this too shall probably pass. There's just too much music out there that I haven't heard yet to settle on one album!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service