A couple whose child died as a result of faith non-healing, has now lost a second child.

cbsnews.com

8 month old boy died after having diarrhea and breathing problems.  Prayer did not cure him or revive him.

They should be forcably sterilized, and they can use faith healing to reverse the sterilization.

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When it comes to infanticide, religion gets a free pass.

Of course they think they deserve a free pass.  Look how many times kids got wasted en masse in the bible, old and new testament!

How many times does this have to happen before people acknowledge that parents should NOT be allowed to subject their children to beliefs which have the potential for being fatal?  If a parent chooses to embrace such a belief, they (presumably) have the adult intellect and thought processes which allow them to evaluate and consider the ramifications of such a decision.  A child typically does NOT.  Add that to the dismal track record of faith healing and it becomes more than evident that too many children are dying uselessly because their parents force a less than efficacious curative regimen on them.

I read this story today too Sentient, and I agree with your solution. Those poor babies having stupid as shit parents.

I agree and things like this make me furious!

While I will not go into the details here as they are decidedly gruesome, my personal opinion is that they should suffer the same fate as the protagonist in the Dalton Trumbo novel Johnny Got His Gun. If you ever read it, you'll know what I am referring to. Keep them alive for 20 years, and let their asses pray their way out of that!

The couple should by all rights be given two life sentences each in prison.

Sounds right to me Anthony.

Antiabortion Christians want to close clinics and take away a woman's right to choose.  So why don't they march on this church that these two child murderers belong too and demand it's closure?  "Can we say HYPOCRISY"

I never thought of that John.  You are absolutely right.

Hypocrisy is the word.

Didn't notice you had this story ahead of me, Sentient.  Sorry for duplicating your posting.  Astonishing, isn't it?  I mean, the last time I looked we were living in the 21st century.  These folks are ante-Cambrian!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
26 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
1 hour ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
2 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
2 hours ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service