http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/15/republican-party-fascist/

i started to read this essay thinking that it would be mostly BS.  i mean, facism, today?  i was sure the analogy would be a reach.  then i kept reading, and kept nodding, and it never got far fetched. 

my question, is he right, or is this confirmation bias?

Views: 722

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like fossils, they are cool.  But Hank Williams jr. is another story.  His dad was a great singer.  

"...into a thousand years of darkness."

Hm-m, there was an attempt seventy years ago to make "a thousand-year Reich".

A popular song then began, "When the lights go on again, all over the world...."

Just because Clint Eastwood turned out to be a right wing nutjob doesn't mean you guys have to stop seeing his films. Hell, even Obama stated that he was still a fan of Eastwood's films and the skit was meant to humiliate and demonize him!

When it comes to famous people, you gotta mine through all the shit they said and did to find the gems.  Take Hitler for example, he was an evil and despicable scumbag, but he invented what arguably the most versatile production vehicle in history, the people car or the original Volkswagon.  They could drive anywhere, even on water, especially after being modifed.  Their frames could also be modified into baja buggies, dune buggies, and even lightweight aircraft such as the bubble copter.

I would rather walk than drive a Volkswagon.  I won't watch Mel Gibson movies either.  Sometimes you have to make a stand.  There are other actors, other cars, etc.

Me too.  I can't watch films that feature people who I can't stand.  The film is fiction, but the person is still the person.  For the same reason, I can't watch the old Mel Gibson movies either, and I used to like those.  He's too much of a jerk.  I have trouble with films featuring certain celebs - it's just too annoying, even if the story line is good.  That's just me.  It's not a principle I follow, it's just my personal discomfort.

I like that he supports Gay Rights!

I've been aware of our evolution toward corporate fascism ever since I read Naomi Wolf years ago.

Here she is summarizing The End of America in 2007.

Ruth, once again you astound and impress me.  Who was the actor?  He was great.  Pulled it off without a hitch.  And the content!  "Orwellian" is the only word for it. 

Great writing.  I listened to it twice. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service