Do male atheists tend toward some sort of facial hair (mustache, beard, etc.) more than christians? I'm seeing a lot of facial hair in here. Or do men with facial hair respond more to this type of discussion?

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As you can see, I have facial hair. I'm 18 now, but I've been able to grow a beard ever since I was 13. I started shaving around 12 years old. There isn't a correlation. . . or is there? Nah. I burgeoned a beard because I just don't look right without one.
None for me thanks. I used to do the "goat" thing but once it came in grey I looked 20 years older. Brown hair with a completely grey beard is a disturbing look.
I'm sure there's a genetic link between facial hair lack of religious belief!!
I don't know about most christians but the orthodox set has full beard and moustache
As for relations, there are closer ones to lazyness (a shave every morning ? brrrr) or to vanity (a lot of men are thinking about their facial hair as a sign of manhood) than to religion...
On the other side, there are some rules about mens facial hair in some religions - orthodox jews mustn´t shave or cut their hair, muslim men don´t shave too often, `cause the prophet says, that it´s more important to pray to Allah, than to shave, and a proper muslim is only allowed to wear a full beard, if he´s done his "haddsch" already, the sikkhs dont cut their hair, and so on...

I for myself, as an Atheist, am simply lazy, so the beard grows for a while (usually a year or so), then I go for the barber to be shaved completely, or till some girlfriend marks me "to scratchy"...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service