I think I'm getting to the point now where I'm just completely disheartened at any attempt to debunk evolution/darwinism because so many times, they are reduced to ad hominem and biased, pathetic attempts to win believers. As someone who likes to question things, I enjoy hearing rebuttals to what I think but they're simply becoming pitiful. In the movie, over twenty minutes of it is dedicated to visiting holocaust sites because Hitler's views on exterminating the Jews involved darwinism. The main idea of Expelled is that intelligent design is being unfairly kept out of scientific discourse and that anyone who gives it credence in the scientific community is shunned. I found it very bias and actually straying off topic a good bit of the time. The link for it is here if you care to watch it: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/expelled-no-intelligence-allowed/ I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions on what you guys think.

Tags: allowed, ben, darwinism, design, documentary, epelled, hitler, holocaust, intelligence, intelligent, More…no, stein

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a very dishonest documentary, if you can even call it such. There's a site called www.expelled-exposed.com or something like that that debunks it totally. A couple of friends of mine are still arguing with Creationists at Amazon because they wrote two reviews that were critical to the "documentary" and gave them both 1 stars... You should check out Adam's, it's uber long!
yes, I saw the film a while back... love how darwinism = holocaust extermination and leads to the "horrors" of abortion and euthanasia, and how Ben Stein = Ronald Reagan calling to tear down the Berlin wall!
I'll admit it was pretty damn funny at some points. The one thing I really liked was the really elaborate inner view of a cell until I found out they stole it from XVIVO.
Joe, Bro Richard and Co. I believe you you owe me about 90 mins of my time back.
When I should have been putting another coat of paint on my bedroom wall, I instead watched Expelled. This was on your recommendation (Ha!). Christ what hollow junk this movie is. No substance, rudderless and horribly insulting.
Joe and Co., so you know, basic magnolia, matt finish is my painting weapon of choice.
Feel free to drop by and finish my paint job, it's the least you can do. Ta!
Sorry to say I haven't watched it. Much as I like to not judge a book by it's cover, much as I promote reading/listening to what you disagree with, this is one book whose cover says it all.

Finding out that they resort to the Hitler-believed-it-so-it-must-be-evil tactic hits new lows.

Hitler also relied on the theory of gravity to drop bombs. Shall we therefore call gravity horseshit? I can devise a test or two to help Mr. Stein try and disprove gravity as well.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Bethany Ransom updated their profile
29 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
31 minutes ago
EducationIsCool posted a video

The Responsibility of Atheists

This video argues for the necessity of the youtube & broader atheist community and what is, in my mind, the biggest responsibility of atheists on youtube and...
35 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Hiram's blog post "Against the Charlatans" Philodemus quote
1 hour ago
Trick replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
1 hour ago
Čenek Sekavec replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Brent Feeney's discussion BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service