According to progressive creationism, God created the universe, life, and humanity, but he did it over a period of time billions of years long. As various species evolved from earlier species, God intervened periodically to give the process a helping hand. Without God's assistance, evolution would never have progressed as rapidly as it did on our planet.

Theistic evolutionism maintains that God only created the universe and simple life, not any complex form of life, including humanity. The idea is that after God created a very simple life form on our planet about three billion years ago, he departed the scene and allowed evolution by means of natural selection to take over.

Either way, it is GOD who is responsible for evolution and science does not tell this to us! Was Darwin wrong to neglect god's contribution to evolution?

Views: 423

Replies to This Discussion

Nailed it right on the head :)

We know this already and the OP was really quite offensive. Do you think we're all ignoramuses here?

I would urge you to temper your postings and keep them OT for this site Madhukar - we're a more educated bunch that you might be used to... And from the following post on another site, this is clearly not the only place you (appear) to be courting controversy.

http://nirmukta.net/Thread-India-one-of-the-biggest-exporters-of-bu...

I'm inclined to think you're a troll too - its not a language barrier, but it may be one of etiquette.

Marc, I need help with definitions:

OP  does that mean Original Person? 

OT  I looked up the OT Definition and got 84 answers, but I assume it means, ???

Maybe:   Off Topic, On Topic, or ... 

http://www.acronymfinder.com/OT.html

Thanks

OP = Original Poster.

Personally, I'm wondering why we've degenerated into acronyms.  The 17 characters saved aren't worth the confusion to people who don't know message board lingo.

I think it is a typo intended for "every last homie!"

Sorry, I guess I'm getting OP, or is that just my OP, wait, what?

WIGWCTJTOAOTWSTECRME.

... if you know what I mean.

Original post. Sorry, my bad I just find this thread and it's posters behaviour trollish and pointless.

Thanks. 

A troll is favourite word to beat down an atheist who does not agree with you. It appears that you were already preparing for this. I am also of opinion that it is a question of etquette. If proper etiquerttes are observed at proper time, no controverses arise. Your discovery is also about the same.

Marc Draco

Please see your anology of kissing a syster. Was this good etiquette? If you do not find my post good, you could have just left it alone. Was it necesssary to make such comments. I do not participate in many discussions if I do not find nthem to my liking. I think it is a bad etiquette to comment the way you have done. In addition to that you have gone to find something against me. This all loooks like a plan. If you want to callme a troll, prove that I am not an atheist. My experiance is that if I do not agree with someone I am called a troll. This is happening here too. So I am asking you to prove that I am not a true athiest.

A man is defined by his actions.

And it's not an analogy, it's a metaphor - meant to prove a point which it did - you just missed the point despite it being spelled out to you.

Your post was dumb, Madhukar. Pointless, ignorant, inflammatory and ill befitting of any atheist. You must be so proud that you enter this friendly community and then manage to annoy people in a matter of days.

Google is a research tool and I wanted to discover if you were causing upset elsewhere. In five minutes of digging I found pretty much that.

You could learn a lot more by lurking in the discussions rather than trying to start new ones so bereft of common sense; particularly as it appears that English is not your first language since several common subtleties have been lost on you.

Madhukar

Unfortunately, your posts lend themselves to accusations of troll like behaviour. Whilst this may seem unfair, you do yourself no favours by continuing to post provacative material and then refuse to answer legitimate concerns about the content of your post.

If you post an OP then you have a responsibility to answer critical responses to that OP. In this case because of the way you have posted the OP it is up to you to justify it's content and not indulge in pointless blather about who is or is not a troll.

So please go ahead and explain why you have decided to post the above in the manner you have chosen. I think you can avoid the obvious, that is  because you want us to wake up, most of us have been awake to the nonsense promoted by creationists for years.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service