Enough already - take down the Brother Richard article from the banner

simple request - there are lots of good posts by members here.  i liked the Brother Richard piece, although i'd prefer just to call you Richard.  but it's time to take that months old post on Michael Sams down from the head of the page.  so please, whoever runs this site, ditch that.  i'm all for LGBT rights, but that's not the most important thing happening in the secular world right now.  they are winning their battle.  we're still terribly behind in ours.  maybe put a well written Hobby Lobby article, or something from the Satanists who are carrying us on their backs in it's place.  perhaps adding an atheist article per day on top of the page would help drive discussion.  i'm just spitballing here but i think there are ways we could improve the user experience here at A/N.  it seems like the admin is asleep at the wheel.    

Views: 598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Mindy, we are friends. 

I like your cut diamond analogy, Joan.  Beautifully stated.  **Group hug.**

Oh! That sounds so good Carl. A group hug it is!

Too cute Joan!
Yes we are, and like Carl said, "group hug!" :)

I'm still a Winnie the Pooh fan. I have a set of stepping stones in my garden with characters from his story. 

I am a fan too Joan. The stepping stones sound adorable.

Joan, I'm also still a Winnie the Pooh fan.  I especially like Eeyore because we're a little alike.

"Hitherto, all the Poetry in the Forest has been written by Pooh, a Bear with a Pleasing Manner but a Positively Startling Lack of Brain. The Poem which I am now about to read to you was written by Eeyore, or Myself, in a Quiet Moment. If somebody will take Roo's bull's eye away from him, and wake up Owl, we shall all be able to enjoy it. I call it - POEM."

Jeez, seems like there's a lot of people here that are offended at the act of kissing in public period. I'm not that way at all. My gf and I kiss all the time, everywhere. I wrote earlier that I agree that the picture needs to change, but only because it's so damn monotonous to see it every time I get on the site. It wasn't disturbing to me at all, when it was first put up.

Honestly, I wish more people would publicly show their affection by kissing. I'm in my forties, and I can honestly say that I have only seen my mom and dad kiss one time in my life, and it wasn't in public. I think that's sad, and it probably explains why I am so unreserved about doing it myself. I think it's nice to see random evidence of love - we sure see enough random evidence of the opposite.

I think there's a difference that we should perhaps make between the sweet quick kiss and the attempt at a tongue-in tonsillectomy done in public. I think the kind of kissing that is objected to here is the kind that is a sexual kiss rather than an affectionate one. 

I rarely see sexualized kissing in public. It is nearly always as innocent as the Michael Sams type of kiss.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service