Now a 'because I care' PSA:

veggies over starch
fruit yet more berries; cherries anti-inflammation
fish - oil your brain up.
...meat - grass fed (I noticed the difference in beef)
~
these things not so good:
grains, flour, dairy - inflames ya (if ya gotta poop though...)
sugar, caffeine, alcohol - moderate keenly

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

glad to see you found a diet that works for you!!  Now, excuse my while I pig out on my girl scout cookies NOM NOM NOM :)
good luck w/the aftermath! you must be young

Just a few thoughts from a nutritionist,

Veggies, fruit, and fatty fish are excellent. Berries are great, but the best results come from a variety of colors and types, no one fruit or veg is better than another, they all have different properties. 

Grass fed meat is much better, and often comes from a smaller farm that takes better care of the cattle ( watch Food Inc.)

However, low-fat dairy is very very good for you, and is recommended in 2-3 servings a day for those at risk for hypertension and cardiovascular disease, which is most of America.  Grains are great.  A proper diet should  be 50-55% carbohydrates.  Sorry, but atkins was very very wrong.  The goal with grains is to choose good ones, like whole grains, such as whole weat bread, long grain rice, etc. and to avoid over processed carbohydrates, such as white bread and donuts. 

Flour in general, is just a carbohydrate.  there is nothing wrong with it. 

Not trying to  be a smart ass, just gotta throw it out there.  Glad to see that you care about eating healthy!  : )

I agree with this. 

I don't like most types of fish, so I take Omega-3 fish oil supplements.  As for meat, I try to eat mostly baked chicken, turkey, and pork, though I do love a good hamburger, steak, or barbeque ribs.  Everyday at work, I eat a cup of low-fat yogurt on my first break and have a hot cup of green tea on my last break.  My co-workers probably think I'm weird, but I don't care.  :)

As for veggies, dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, asparagus, broccoli, or romaine lettuce, are the best, though you should get a variety of fruits and veggies.

now we're talkin'!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service