DUBLIN — After a nine-year investigation, a commission publishes damning report on decades of rapes, humiliation, beatings at Catholic Church-run reform schools for Ireland's castaway children.

Is there no end to this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/20/irish-reform-schools-thou_...

This Friday evening I am going to catch this documentary from yet another "Christian" school.
http://www.ohio.com/lifestyle/religion/45091192.html

Tags: abuse, child, children, christian, dublin, missionaries, ohio, reform, school

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"A climate of fear, created by pervasive, excessive and arbitrary punishment, permeated most of the institutions and all those run for boys. Children lived with the daily terror of not knowing where the next beating was coming from," Ireland's Commission to Inquire Into Child Abuse concluded."
This is horrible. This is actually the first time I've heard of this issue in Ireland.

And they call themselves men and women of an omnibenevolent god. Pretentious and sick people.

:'(
I cry for these people.
Used to think church was OK, but now I see it plays right into the hands of the true evildoers.
I believe Alex is right !! This is a direct result of theist authority being given succor by the state! We could name many other issues which directly relate to "tolerant" behavior toward a lack of separation of Church and state. A "tolerant behavior" and politeness every time a politician udders the words " God Bless America"!! The time for toleration is over. We must confront out of the closet and in their easily shocked faces!! Whew....was that to aggressive?
Yes, it's all about the right to believe in god with nobody telling them
"enough already".
But abuse is NOT OK and neither is this theistic farce that guides people's passion of intolerance.
Can you imagine if this were a non-Christian group and the Christian outrage it would amass? And yet because it's their own they stay strangely quiet on the issue.
They ARE quiet.. and when it's not a christian group, like the White House Boys, still there is no outcry. Who will speak for the children? Who will admit the past so the present and future will be safer for the children?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service