My dad isn't the smartest guy in the world- he shelled out the money for a nintendo DS when they first came out just so that he could play brain age. Ah, irony...

Anyway, he surrendered it to me when he got sick of the one game so I ask you all- what are the best DS games in your opinion?

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

Depends a bit on your preferences.

When it comes to strategy, I recommend Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict is also good but has a totally different "feel" to it)

As far as action adventure, the three Castlevania titles (Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin & Order of Ecclesia) are all top notch. On top of that, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is about as good as it gets.

When it comes to RPGs, you've got: Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III & IV. All excellent ports that I recommend picking up if you missed any earlier releases.

As far as platforming is concerned, you simply can't go wrong with New Super Mario Bros, I like Super Princess Peach as well (though that one is a bit easy, and pink, very pink).

As far as puzzle games are concerned, I'm only really familiar with Wario Ware Touched! (fun, bizzare and intense), though I've heard some good things about Professor Layton and the Curious Village.
I'm pretty sure the only reason I stayed with my ex as long as I did was for portrait of ruin, thanks for reminding me of it! I'll check out the other titles :)
If you like RPGs you might like The World Ends with You I really liked it.
Hotel Dusk is a really good detective story, but its not very action-y so if you dont mind a slow paced game its worth the time.
Thats all I can think of as of now...
Hotel Dusk is great! 'm gonna play it again now that 've been reminded of it. I love book-games. ^_^
Just thought I'd throw two more recent titles out there.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

"Welcome! Can I get you anything? Coffe? Cocain? Attractive transsexual prostitute?"
It's amazing to see just how much of the Grand Theft Auto "feel" they've managed to sqeeze into a tiny DS cartridge. While the game looks a lot like the GTA's of yesteryear, the amount of content and sheer fun you can have makes the game feel and play a lot like the later 3D installments and the use of the stylus is for the most part top notch. I highly reccommend this one.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Stardust Accelerator World Championship Tournament 2009
And the award for most unnecessarily long title goes to...
Maybe it's just me, but for all the silliness of the plot (which often involves stopping criminals by beating them in a children's card game), I've always found the card game itself a blast to play. Featuring almost 3.000 cards, this game will let you build just about any deck you want and try it out against a ton of various opponents. The only real downside is that it takes forever to collect all the cards you want and need... Still, it's a lot of fun once you actually get going.
I don't really know of any except Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. I want to get a DS myself so I can play that.
I like Brain Age. I play sudoku sometimes. And I like short little games, so there's a lot of Mario Kart and Super Mario Brothers (the minigame extras). I love all things Harvest Moon and Pokemon. There are more "mature" games I'd like, some Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger especially, but I'm a cheapskate loser, so who knows if that will happen.
I enjoy Star Fox Assault. You get to spin spin spin spin spin! And shoot.
Pokemon! You can never go wrong with Pokemon.
Word! I luff my rotom. he's so cute.
The new Scribblenauts looks *awesome* but I haven't played yet.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service