Just when one thinks religion's black hole of stupidity has reached overflow, another barrel of dumb fuck gets poured in. I don't think it got this idiotic in the depths of Europe's Dark Age – and they wrote the book on stupid.

This is how our “ally”, Pakistan, values human rights and justice.

A court in Kasur district, Punjab, convicted a Christian couple, Munir Masih and Ruqqiya Bibi, to 25 years in prison. According to the Center for Legal Aid Assistance and Settlement (CLAAS), Judge Ajmal Hussein convicted the couple for touching the Koran without washing their hands. (The swine)

The couple were released on bail last January, but were re-arrested after the judge ruled against them. The husband was locked up in Kasur’s district prison; the wife was sent to the women’s prison in Multan. Both have started serving 25 years behind bars.

At the end of the police investigation, husband and wife were charged with blasphemy.

The blasphemy law is the harshest tool for religious repression available in Pakistan. It was adopted in 1986 by then dictator Zia ul-Haq to protect Islam and its prophet, Muhammad, from attacks and insults.

The Pakistan Penal Code, which respectively punish with life in prison anyone who defiles, damages or desecrates a copy of the Holy Koran, and imposes the death penalty on anyone who defiles the name of the Prophet Muhammad.

(and we thought a flag burning amendment was bad idea)

In the last two months, there were two more convictions against Christians in Pakistan. One man was accused of deliberately burning Koranic verses and an Arabic book in order “foment interfaith hatred and hurt the feelings of Muslims.”

On 25 February, a court in Karachi sentenced Qamar David, also a Christian, to life imprisonment for hurting the religious feelings of Muslims.

For hurting their feeling?? WTF is wrong with these people and what year of the 12th century are they living in? Could there be some weird genetic anomaly in the Middle Eastern gene pool – or something in the water?

One can only imagine how well an Atheist would fare in good old Islamabad.

Tags: Islam, Justice, insanity

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

12th century - more like 2nd grade. Boohoo, the bad christian HURT MY FEELINGS!
It's a pretty weird system; why don't they just outlaw christianity? The religions are incompatible - if their 'feelings' are so easily hurt, they must be fairly insecure about something (perhaps, deep down, the ridiculousness of it all?), so why not go the whole hog?
I always found that interesting as well. If Allah (or god, or jahwe) are omnipotent, omniscient and all that and a bag of potatoe chips, why do they need defending by his followers?Why not just smite them if you mind the insults, and not smite them you do not? Seems that if you really believe, there is no reason for the punishments. God will sort it out. If you don't really believe, there is no reason for punishment either. No-one was insulted.
Maybe they all need Prozac or mood enhancers. They should all have stress related illnesses due to being so uptight and angry all the time b/c they think they have to defend their religion from everything 24/7. They need to relax and take a deep breath and realize they have taken this shit too far.
What's more alarming is that these proscriptions are codified into Pakistani law! Makes me wonder how they regard any form of "freedom of speech," if they recognize that concept at all. It also makes me wonder how much of Shariah has been incorporated into their civil code.
Too much of the sharia has found it's way into their civil code. Sharia law is really messed up. I remember that last year, on my trip to Morocco (northern africa), I learned that the government has it's own law AND sharia law. The judge has the right to pick and choose which laws he wants to use.
That's absurd, i have a bacon bookmark in my copy of the Koran. Good thing I don't live in Pakistan!
I like it - that's hilarious!
thanks! :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service