Being a part of a religious society I often find myself socially restricted just because of being an athiest. Unable to enjoy social activities as much as other arround me do. Dou you feel anything of this sort?

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find the occasional nutcase, keeps it entertaining though...don't you???
Secular nutcases are often interesting but the ones into ghosts and magic tend to be predictable, repetitive and quickly annoying.
They also tend to be the ones who got wedgies and swirlies on a regular basis in High School..... ;) Yeah, no doubt!
Yes, I do. Being a bit of a recluse, I am not missing much more than I would if I were a more social creature, but when I do want to have conversation with co-workers or friends, it becomes readily apparent that my debate skills need more polishing before I can feel comfortable enough to openly profess my views. I am working on that daily, and in the mean time, I simply enjoy the company of others while mentally taking note of what I need to research to create valid arguments in the future! I feel a strong need to raise the important questions with those I am close to and in time I shall. So, yes, I do feel the sting of loneliness at times.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service