Does anyone else have as hard of a time typing "atheist" as I do? (P.S. hi)

I'm usually a very good typer, but for some reason, the word "atheist" is a real finger twister for me.  I always have to intentionally slow down or else I type the i before the e and the h before the t.  Really weird.

Anyway, hi!  I'm from the Oregon Coast, and I am employed as a journeyman electrician.  I'm taking a journeyman license exam for the state of Washington next week.  I'm also in school working slowly but surely towards a degree in electrical engineering.  I have a wife (also a nontheist of some sort - haven't really gotten to the bottom of her lack of belief) and a 6 year old stepson who is being raised in an open but rational household.  He's never believed in Santa Clause, if that says anything.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But if you want a HARD one, try "minimum!" Right hand workout!
Two fingers at that.
I often type it wrong as well. I need to remind myself that it is an "ism" or "ist" to remember that the "e" comes before the "i." It also goes against the old mnemonic "i before e except after c." Since there is no preceding "c" you tend to type "ie" because that is the most common form of such letter combination in English.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service