I am leaning towards cremation because I don't even like visiting cemeteries (not because I fear death, I just have no interest in seeing a loved one's grave). Plus, what laws will be changed in a few hundred years when we are running out of room on this earth. Will I be dug up and thrown into a pile?  I really need to get my act together and get going on my will. 

What are your plans for your deceased body?

Views: 1482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Donate it to science...I think it would make me feel a little bit warmer/fuzzier inside knowing that I'm helping somebody even after I'm dead.

I want to be frozen; I'm not going down without a fight. Failing that, I plan on having my ashes spread over the haunted house at Disney World.

O.k, Walt. :)
My cadaver will go to the local med school for dissection.  I understand the parts will be cremated eventually.  I'd rather be composted.
I don't really care, but I do want some kind of marker. This is the only afterlife I get, so I'd like a way for people who never met me to at least know I existed. Maybe it's the genealogist in me talking.
Jeremy: I would be happy being burried vertically instead of horizontally if they do that. The headstone would be small and it will save so much room this way.
With my fascination with volcanoes I'll probably end up naturally cremated someday!

That reminds me of part of a song lyric:

And I heard of that Japanese girl
Who jumped into the volcano
Was she trying to make it back?
Back into the womb of the world?

("Volcano" by Beck...great song if you've never heard it)

Mistercliff vs. the Volcano!
My marker is to read:  "It's Better Than Being Born Again"
That is the BEST QUOTE!
Well, I can surely see you love the ocean.  :)  Hope you have the perfect person to help carry out your wish. This is the most important part.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service