I think that religion didn't cause anything good but only start wars, create gilt , hold science back , repressing women's rights, repress sexual subjects , promotes violence racism sectrianism backwardness discrimination ignorance , violates human rights , opression of homosexuals , bigotry , hatred , extremism , terrorism . But sometimes it helps people cope with their problems. I want to hear your opinions and arguments. Plus excuse my English since it's a second language. 

PS : I meant abolish not by forcing but using logic and reason.

Views: 2297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, I don't know the Kardashians and I suspect I don't need to know them. 
Tom, may I re-post yout comment on Facebook.  

Joan - you do not need to or want to know about anything the Kardashians. Or Honey Boo-Boo. I watched this show once and was appalled at how low TV shows have sunk. I mostly watch biographies and history shows on Netflix these days, or I like shows like Downton Abbey on PBS.   

Re-post away! This time and in the future.

I'm working on something I might copyright; I'm not posting it.

Anything I post here, feel free to re-post.

PS. I also agree with Mark.  I don't need to formally abolish religion (and we'll never do it by logic and reason, though that may win a few converts).  I just want it to tear down its wall of immunity to criticism and ridicule (and taxes).  I'd be happy if it were confined to believers' homes and places of worship and not allowed to try to take over government, education, and society.

Alan, may I re-post on Facebook? 

You are still left with one problem: the religious are willing to die for their beliefs (and impose them on others), atheists are not.

Guess who wins that fight.

James, anyone who thinks that I'm going to lay down and take it when the theists attempt to bulldoze my rights don't know me worth a good damn.  I will arm myself if necessary, fight if necessary, and after George S. Patton's suggestion, see to it that THEY die for their belief rather than I die for mine.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who cares to suggest that atheists as a rule aren't willing to put their life on the line for their beliefs do not want to test their presumption on me.  They will NOT like the results.

And again, Loren, may I re-post? Your strong language is what we need. 

As always, Joan, be my guest.

The history of religion, particularly revealed religion, is filled even today with violence, brainwashing, genocide, ethnocide, homophobia, misogyny, child abuse, hatred of reason and science, and zenophobia among other things. All three (so-called) great montheisms, particularly Christianity, are bloody religions full of blood and gore. It is my belief that, barring an asteroid impact or other extinction level event, religion will be what leads to the demise of mankind on this planet. I have yet to meet a Christian or a Muslim who is willing or able to debate with reason or logic, they are inextricably trapped in a web of magical thinking, and I doubt religion will be going away any time soon, though personally I would like to see it abolished.

Anthony, I don't like coming to that conclusion, and you correctly state current events. These issues impact all of us and so is our business. 

"revealed religion, is filled even today with violence, brainwashing, genocide, ethnocide, homophobia, misogyny, child abuse, hatred of reason and science, and xenophobia among other things. All three (so-called) great montheisms, particularly Christianity, are bloody religions full of blood and gore."

Anthony Jordan

May I re-post your statement on Facebook for my family and friends to read?

You may re-post it if you like. But may I ask what you specifically refer to when you say that you don't like coming to that conclusion ?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service