Apparently you can't do polls on here.... but

Do any of you think that Jesus actually existed? What do category do you fall into?

A. Believed he existed, claims are false

B. Believed he existed, claims are exaggerated

C. Don't believe he existed

D. Believe he existed, claims are true (sorry had to leave the idiot category open)

Views: 2303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you there Matt.  The history is very interesting indeed.  I totally understand why people would want to see how jesus went viral so quickly and so far spread.  What I also find interesting is that the Muslim faith seemed viral maybe even quicker than christianity and at least as far spread. What all this leaves me wondering is, who the next viral deity/super prophet will be?? Maybe we should start another thread and let people put their own ideas about that out there? lol 

Having a workable knowledge of history is desirable for the masses, what worries me is their ability to discern fact from fantasy where supposed divinity is implied.  One thing history DOES prove to me, and that, is that it repeats itself :(

I think there is sufficient historical evidence to suggest that a man named Jesus existed, was crucified and had followers who tried desperately to prove that he was the Messiah, based on Old testament prophecy (which explains many of the contradictions in the New Testament).  However, born of a virgin, the son of god? Of course not.  If his actions have not been too boldly exaggerated by his followers, who knows his motives? There were no shortage of prophets in the middle east in those days. By the way: what do you think?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service