Do we need to change the entire spectrum of human civilization ?

As we knw the current civilization is design to fail. To run this civilization i guess around 95% of world population have to selfless like Gandhi.. which logically is not possible. As it has to many gap holes in it.
the rich are getting richer poor ppl poorer. the way i see it we are heading towards blackhole of money power greed. why the problems in africa is not our or my problem? just we live in better country doesn make us liable to enjoy our life. the day v stop caring abt other humans is d day our humanity died. 

I want new civilization wer in problems of any country is our problems. in fact i hate the system of dividing borders. Y cant v just be ONE religion, borders, racism is it really required? politics, money, co-operations i want all out. 

we humans aRE NOT SIMPLY HERE TO EAT BREED AND DIE. being humans is all about experiences.
"The planet does not need more 'successful people'. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds. It needs people to live well in their places. It needs people with moral courage willing to join the struggle to make the world habitable and humane and these qualities have little to do with success as our culture is the set. " ~H.H.The Dalai Lama -- 

I guess human race is now smart enuff to understand that we need a change in entire civilization 
but wer r v? we are at home goiing to work spending time with family and watch world going in deep shit.
and we see news channels and say wow thts bad wht happen in africa , pakistan, afganistan many more countries.. trust me if u dont do anything One day people will be ignorant to ur countries. 

so step up ask for new civilization better one with unity ..

Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do. steve jobs

Views: 91

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Dangi...Nice  article.....However  what  you want  is a Utopia.....The world is made up  of such  a diverse  set  of peoples  with  diverse cultures that  the chances  that everyone  would get along and  share their  wealth and live  a loving  peaceful life are  quite  dim.......However  I respect  the fact that  you  want  this but  good  luck with it......You  will need it.......

thanks a lot buddy... but every revolution need a kick start ...

Much work is needed, and i believe that our godless movement has lots that we can contribute. Some people fall into the trap of thinking that they are but one individual and therefore can't change anything. This of course is a very dangerous thought. Remember that apathy is also a poison. There is hope, but action is required at a micro and macro level.

You  make  a great  point Kelvin.....and Atheists  can  contribute  a lot.....but Dangi  wants  a huge  project  of involving  the entire  world......I suppose  if  Atheists  start out small and are  successful it can spread out  over  larger and larger  areas......It is nice  to think positive....Utopia is just too perfect to work as more and  more  people  participate.....IMO

I just find that we have more productive,smart,and sane people in our movement, compared to other groups. it would be easy to name drop some incredible atheists.This site is a testament (not biblical) of action to make the world a better place for us and our offsprings. I remember when i was in high school there was a theist i would always argue with about the existence of god. One day we were chatting and i brought up global warming and said to him that we need to take care of our planet, he said what is the big deal we wont be here god would have saved us.

i found his belief about this extremely disturbing. He basically said screw our descendents, we wont be here! A very frightening position indeed.

Lets  hope  over time Atheists  will educate the Theists  and help them  see that Rational Thinking  is the way to go and that we  are responsible  for our own  destiny......

indeed

well i know its to ambitious but i guess 200 years back even making an metal frame to fly was too ambitious... ill play my part and wish everbody does the same.. 

Civilization is a fairly new concept -- maybe 10,000 years old, which is a eye blink.  We have long been tribal creatures, and those themes are imbedded in our societies.  They're our raw social material.  The act of civilization is one of ferreting out those bits of tribalism that are harmful while not undermining the foundation.  I'd hope that religion is one of the tribal impulses that we eventually discard.  We waver between "civilized" and "tribal" all the time, depending on events.  Just look at how the US went full tribal in the wake of 9/11.  As with all things, it's a spectrum.

}}}}

You make  a very good  point  Ted....Certain  events  do bring out  that  tribal  nature in us....I do hope  though  that  Rational Thinking will prevail  in the end.....

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service