I hope we can start a serious disscusion about having one Global Atheist Symbol to identify all the atheists in the World.

The two letters A + T are at the root of more than 80 official languages plus hundreds of unofficial languages or regional languages:

Latest design 2010 ATHEIST EYE ~OJO ATEO:
http://www.atheistnexus.org/video/universal-atheist-symbol-2007-1

The original design:

Slideshow of the latest design atheisteye:

Athesitically yours

Jorge Aberingi

Tags: atheisteye, atheistsymbol, ojoateo, simboloateo

Views: 2172

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I disagree, I think the Atom represents science pretty universally, and the A within it symbolises the atheism.
I very much like this version of the circled A over T. It is very aesthetic. I think it would help capture the interest of non-Atheists. Moreover, it is very positive and upbeat in nature. One thing that I always disliked about a crucifix was that it conveyed that I was to feel sorry for someone rather than do purposeful things. This particular A over T is 180 degrees away from that.
This is very good, Aberingi.

May I invite you to try further experimenting with the A and T sections in various shades of pink and red?
He he he, this was funny! :)
I don't think pink is bold enough. By using blue where the green is we might be able to represent that life developed in and emerged from the sea. Using blue there would also tend to convey a steel appearance for strength. Finally, in my opinion blue would most effectively depict the symbol as pristine. I don't think anything else about the stylish A over T needs to be changed.
Thanks Dr. Terence your wish is my desire.

This design from the original black and white was the winner of our design contest for 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfreYu9Al_I

If you want to see more work done on the A/T symbol please look for aberingi in youtube.

Aberingi
Attachments:
Thanks Dr. Terence your wish is my desire.

This design from the original black and white was the winner of our design contest for 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfreYu9Al_I

If you want to see more work done on the A/T symbol please look for aberingi in youtube.

Aberingi

Attachments:
Sorry Dr. Terence I made the mistake twice, so please go further down and find my reply to John Jubinsky, please.

Thanks

Aberingi.

By the way I am Spaniard Technical translator 56 years old and atheist since 1968.

This A/T proposal for a Universal Atheist Symbol is wel spread among latin speaking cultures. Straight away you can read de words A T E O (atheist in general) and A T E A (atheist woman).

You shouldn't need a symbol for not being religious. It's not necessary. Overarching symbols and terms like "athiesm" are something I'm actually trying to get away from (hence my sparse interaction here, for instance). Besides, I'm 5% agnostic as a matter of principle. It doesn't make any difference to me whether there are deities anyway, because if there were, I'd be against them, also as a matter of principle.
You are making the same old mistake. You are relating the symbol with religion.

There are millions of symbols. This one represents a life style. Athesits are happier and should no be put into the religions bag.

So, if you are walking down the street and see somebody wearing the symbol you may approach tha person for a chat.

Aberingi

Non-theists vary a lot across cultures and lifestyles. There's a lot of diversity there being lumped under one heading. Maybe I'm proving your point for you here; that doesn't necessarily sound like a bad thing as far as dialogue, social mingling, etc. are concerned. All the pros and cons of "lumping" vs. "splitting" are evident here and should be taken into account.
Dialogue yes. I like your response

Aberingi

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service