Earlier last month a chaplain in Australia sent me an email requesting a change in date to deliver mass to students on campus.

Today I get another.  This time I'm being invited to give a liturgy at a school.

From  xxxxxxx@Sjvdow.edu.au to" xxxxxxx.xxxxx@gmail.com" date 08 August 2010  06:42 Subject: Firday Mass  (2 hours ago)

Fr Richard

I have attached our Liturgy planning sheet for Mass this Friday. This week
we have written the Prayers of Intercession in light of the units we have
been working on in class ie. The Catholic Church in Australia & Creation:
A gift from God. Last week the stage 3 children also participated in the
"Village Space" program on Global justice issues.

Kind Regards

Vanessa Taylor

Hello Vanessa,

I am not Father Richard.  There has been some error and the email intended for him has instead been delivered to my in-box.

I don't mind, it's not a problem for me however you might want to review your contact information for this priest, as this marks the second time I have received details from his itinerary. As I told Malou the sender of the last email who I presume, is connected to you somehow via Father Richard - the poor man must wonder where all his mail goes.  I suppose there must be some similarity in our names?

In any case I am an atheist, and don't believe in the creation of Australia or anywhere else nor in the power of intercessory prayer, or the redemptive power of Jesus Christ which makes my getting the liturgy plan a bit redundant. So, delighted as I am to be mistaken for a priest not once but twice in my life, I think it suits neither of our purposes nor Father Richard's if I continue to be kept in the loop.

As it happens, The Pope is paying a visit to these isles later this month; I'll be sure now to go tell him you said 'hello.'

All the best

Tags: Campus, Catholic, Children, Church, Comedy, Communion, Funny, God, Intercession, Liturgy, More…Mass, Prayer, Priest, Richard, School

Views: 15

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Easy mistake to make I suppose. Just stop giving out the sacrement on the sidewalk, and it'll all even itself out.
It's a cracker...
"However, if you would like I would be happy to inform the students about 'god''.
Switch it up! Use a Ritz and some whisky, then tell them their god is a lie. Ritz makes anything better. The whisky gets them drunk.
Fr Richard,

Multiple personality disorder. Your other personality is a priest. Don't let it bother you too much, it's not in your control, and bit better than having a serial killer as an alternative personality.

Actually, with the right collar, you might look like a priest. Let us pray.
I love your response, but I certainly would have offered to come share your point of view with them, too! :)
I did think about asking if they wouldn't mind footing the bill for the flight - but figured I'd taken polite wit about as far as was reasonable without crossing over into being cheeky. ;^)

But thanks! :^ D

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Richard Cahill commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
24 minutes ago
Future replied to Pandarius's discussion When the solution is simple, God is answering. - Albert Einstein
35 minutes ago
Seaburrito posted a status
"Getting started selling stuff using ebay, Man there's alot of technical procedures between paypal and ebay to navigate...."
54 minutes ago
Future replied to Luara's discussion the fragile penis
57 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Andrew Bradford Hoke's blog post Let's guess what Cardinal Law is doing right now...
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to Luara's discussion the fragile penis
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Eradicating the Faith Virus - A Conversation with Peter Boghossian
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall in the group Atheist News
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo liked Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall
1 hour ago
Joe added 4 discussions to the group Atheist News
2 hours ago
Dan D replied to Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
2 hours ago
Luara posted a discussion
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service