Disgusting Commercial for Dodge during the Superbowl

I was considering buying a Dodge this year, then I saw this ad and realized that this company has little to no marketing sense because they chose to alienate all buyers who aren't Jewish or Christian by running this on the 8th day god created farmers, Paul Harvey horseshit. I was already annoyed by the Ram Tough commercials wondering why they only sought to appeal to rednecks and trogs and now this... I've owned three of their vehicles and I'll never buy another... good job Dodge. I had been driving through the local Dodge dealership eyeballing the new Dart and the Challenger which was an old love of mine for sometime too... 

Paul Harvey God made a farmer, Dodge ad...

Tags: Ad, Disgusting, Dodge, Religion, Superbowl

Views: 1400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a terrible commercial

Actually it was pretty well done ... after all gawd made it.

Yeah pretty damn boring and long too honestly, farmers of the type he speaks of are pretty much a dying breed, they've been taken over by corporate farms nowadays anyway. /all hail Monsanto

Funny or Die nailed it with their spoof of the ad, "God made a factory farmer".

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/tara-lohan/hilarious-spoof-rams-g...

"Here's to shameless heartland pandering."

RAM.
WE'RE JUST LIKE FARMERS.
(WE GOT SUBSIDIZED BY TAXPAYERS.)

Tara Lohan's commentary on Alternet is worth reading.

That is extremely funny.

And it's a nice commentary to boot.

That was funny, thanks!

Yeah we grew up in a farming community, it's not nearly that romantic. I remember Farm Aid, farmers losing everything, even their dishes and suits watching helplessly as some auctioneer sold some of their most private possessions to the highest bidder, it was anything but romantic here. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Pat replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
24 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Atheist in FundyLand's discussion Anyone else have trouble finding a compatible psychotherapist?
29 minutes ago
Larry replied to Larry's discussion YouTube Video: "How to Convert an Atheist"
30 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Atheist in FundyLand's discussion Anyone else have trouble finding a compatible psychotherapist?
31 minutes ago
33 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
36 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
36 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
41 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Loren Miller's discussion Turns out that lawsuits have rules (Daily Kos) in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
54 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
58 minutes ago
Pat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago
Matt--Lukin replied to L. Alcorn's discussion Early Christianity
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service