I've had severe clinical depression for almost a decade now. There are pills I could take to let me feel emotions, but I've been off them for a few years now. Is it possible to overcome major depressive disorder without having to take medication for the rest of my life? Has anyone else here accomplished this?

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

Heh. Maybe. I went to a therapist for a while this past Spring, and it was the best experience I've had with one so far. I found her to actually be insightful. Unfortunately, she had to move away to a different job, so I'm not seeing anyone at the moment.

Also, the drugs I thought might help, haven't. I've been trying different combinations with no results. Right now, I'm taking Liothyronine, Bupropion, and I'm using an Emsam patch. I might as well be taking placebos.

I was also in a relationship for the first time. It was nice, but it's over now. I thought maybe it would work out, but I was wrong. She loved me, and I really tried to love her back, but it wasn't enough. I don't seem to be able to feel love at all. Lots of guilt, though.

I also learned that I don't like people touching me in any way. I though I'd enjoy affection, but I don't seem to be able to. Not even kissing or sex. I'm not sure if it's because of my depression, or if that stuff is just really overrated.

I still don't feel like a real human being, just a cheap imitation. I guess it's kind of funny when I look at it all from an outside perspective. At least I still have a sense of humor. That and I get to die someday, thankfully. I'm not in a rush, though. I don't want the people I know to think of me as "emo" or something, or be upset. I have enough guilt already. They don't even know about my trouble with depression. I'll just keep it all between me and the internet. Hehe.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service