Does a religion require a belief in a supreme being? Is Buddhism, or Scientology a reDoes a religion require a belief in a supreme being? Is Buddhism, or Scientology a religion? The web site Dictionary.com defines Buddhism as a religion and Scientology as a non-denominational movement. Why aren't they calling Scientology a religion too? The definition of religion on dictionary.com seems vague. It appears that they don't know how to define religion, but know one when they see it which is why Buddhism counts as a religion but Scientology doesn't. Maybe it has to do with how long it's been around. The idea of Buddhism being an atheist religion seems like B/S to me.

Tags: Atheism, Phylosophy, Religion, Spirituality, Words

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't!
George Bernard Shaw

Dictionary.com? You might as well get the definition of religion from Conservapedia. I checked, it's a hoot.

When in doubt, check an encyclopedia like Britannica.

Britannica does educate about religion rather than attempt to define it. This is the first time I heard of Conservapedia.

LOL; encylopedia's the worst enemy of jehova's homies
they're all 'end of the world bs talkers
meanwhile you have pages of disasters and dates to boot. go figure.. we're still here
yet the climate surely is off schedule .. or.. yeah the petrol done heated up the earth

njoi!

cult hideaways for the Emotionally Distressed People

this does a good job too:

Corporatescam

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service