Is there anyone who, like me, underwent this similar process? Like you realized you didn't believe in any of it and turned atheist after you got confirmed in your former religion?

Tags: after, confirmation, deconversion

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably many of us here. I realized I was atheist recently and I'm 50 but my daughter realized it in college. I say realized because for years our whole family went through the motions out of tradition but I don't think anyone was every really buying it. My daughter was the first one to be able to break the spell of the Catholic guilt trip and the rest of us eventually followed suit.
Good for her! Now that I think about it myself..I believe I was following the family tradition myself as I was apathetic about religion in general and felt that people should just believe what they want..I didn't really take a stand until fairly recently (hence, my atheism).
I was confirmed about a year before I decided I didn't believe any of it. Even at the time of Confirmation, I had doubts. Only went through with it because it was expected of me.
Whoa Jacob same with me, haha I did it more out of family tradition than anything else

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

k.h. ky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
18 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
30 minutes ago
John Jubinsky liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god
34 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man liked Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Punk Rock Anarchiste Français (écoutez la musique)
35 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
35 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion How to Have Your Fake and Beat it, Too: Atheists Refused Right to Give Invocation in the group Atheism & the Law
57 minutes ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to MattyLJ's discussion Are you clean and organized?
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion How to Have Your Fake and Beat it, Too: Atheists Refused Right to Give Invocation in the group Atheism & the Law
1 hour ago
James M. Martin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion How to Have Your Fake and Beat it, Too: Atheists Refused Right to Give Invocation in the group Atheism & the Law
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service