I was reading some of the other discussion topics but I was surprised I didn't see this already addressed. So my question is, what are your deal breakers? 

I have more than a few but some things are negotiable. However there are some absolute deal breakers. 

3. More than one small child. I'm not even sure I can handle one but I know more than one is too much obligation.

2. Neediness (is that a word?). This is usually tied into insecurity on their part. I shouldn't feel obligated to tell him he's a pretty princess everyday.

And number one on the charts is...

Bad Breath! How some people don't find their to the dentist regularly or (gasp) never floss, I'll never understand. 

Tags: breaker, deal, love, relationships

Views: 166

Replies to This Discussion

ok, I could have said psychiatrist instead of shrink, but I'm sticking with my idea that tattoos are despicable or ugly. Your image is as strange as you think others are...your middle finger is extended and you seem to be sitting on the toilet in a washroom.
Yes, I'm sitting on a toilet, giving the camera (and the person behind said camera) the middle finger, and yes I am actually peeing as the picture is being taken. Yes, it's probably strange, but that has nothing to do with my sanity. Whether or not I'm sane, cannot be determined by my profile pic or the small tattoo on my inner wrist, and if those are your primary tools for sniffing out the crazies from the sanes (instead of, oh I don't know, talking to them), then you need a new Sane-Dar.

Why do people pierce babies? Just to be cute? I'm still not used to seeing it... o_o
I don't know. She assumed I'd be a girly-girl, and that I'd be cute in Beauty and the Beast earrings...but that's just my mother's reason...I also think she wanted to torture me...
Curious: is that picture supposed to represent a bad eyebrow?

I have a bit of eyebrow obsessiveness, so if I ever hook up, the poor boy will live with a constant fear of wax. I hate the fake, stringy, shaved or painted look, but those look very well maintained to me. A woman's brow usually has a natural curve and tapering, it's just being slightly accented. Not that I'm telling you your tastes are wrong. I assure you, you will never come into contact with my landing strip. :P

Personally, this is my bad: http://thumb15.shutterstock.com.edgesuite.net/display_pic_with_logo...

And this is my good: http://www.bouska.net/blog/273/2.jpg
Here are my requirements:
1)Similar beliefs

Check.
2)No drug addicts (alcohol certainly included)
Does that include caffeine? I'm 100% clean, besides that, and always have been.
3)Does not want children
Oops.
4)An intellectual mind
Check.

Preferences:
1) Vegetarian (or at least veg friendly)

Check. I'm not quite vegan, since I still eat egg whites and drink 1% organic milk.
2) Traveler and explorer of new places
I'm working on a comedy career, in part because I love the idea of traveling all the hell all over the place, in my pursuit of my creative outlet/job.
3) One with creative drive
(see #2)
4) A sense of humor similar to mine
(see #3)

When it comes to looks I don't find that as important. A person has to have beautiful and expressive eyes and a genuine smile though. Oh and I think tattoos and piercings are sexy. :)
Hmm, I like to think that I'm pretty expressive. It kind of goes with the performing. I've only got 3 piercings in my left ear, though, which are barely piercings as far as real piercing people are concerned. I'm contemplating starting work on designing a back pictorial, too.

... and if you want expressive eyes, check out the one picture in my profile.

Meh, requirement #3 is a bugger, isn't it? :-(
Ageist? So, since you're 18 to 21, I take it that means you like much older women, and you dislike the ones who look down on you, because of your age? I can see how that would be a problem.

I've had some bad experiences dating women who come with kids, too. With this one girl, we were barely seeing each other once a month, since she was so busy with work and the kids. She was looking forward to when we could live together and be a family, which I wasn't necessarily against ... but it was jumping so far ahead, when we could barely find the time to get to know each other.

I guess some people might be able to make it work, but it's got to be difficult and complicated. I wouldn't necessarily write someone off, but I'd certainly be a little concerned about it, going into the relationship.
Dealbreakers for me are a bit more practicable. My dealbreakers are smokers, creationists, dog owners, vegans, and the illiterate.
I wanted "dog owner" to be a deal breaker for me, but I thought I was wrong and had to accept a girl no matter what kind of pets she has. I'm actually afraid of pets and most domestic animals and wish I wouldn't have to live with one or get too close to one.
Since bad breath has been mentioned as a dealbreaker for some people.... When was it decided that mint was a good flavor for people to have on their breath? I hate mint. (OK, that's a little strong, but you get the idea.) I use cinnamon-flavored toothpaste (and just used a plain brush for a long time before discovering a non-minty toothpaste). Does anyone else dislike mint?

(P.S. A complete aside: I've read that cinnamon is the scent that most attracts men and that talcum powder is the scent that most attracts women. I don't know whether or not they really are.)
The best thing to do is floss and rinse your mouth and brush a little if stuff is stuck in your teeth, immediately after every time you eat. Only brush with baking soda. Give up garlic, onion, and all herbs and spices, and you probably shouldn't eat dairy and grains and most vegetables either. Then you will have a less fowl body odor, because we smell like what we eat. I don't need deodorant, because of my diet my body odor or weak and not noticeable. My book, "Scare Yourself into Optimal Health" is for sale online.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service