Atheist Nexus Logo

Dawkins Dismantles Mormonism & Says Romney Not Fit to Govern With "Barking Mad" Beliefs

Views: 372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True Melinda - you certainly don't want someone so delusioned to run the country. But it's happened before.

Im less bothered by Romney's religious "beliefs" (If he really believes them), than by his economic ones, opportunism, and lack of integrity.  The country and the world are not ready for Rommunism.

Romunism

I once inadvertently stumbled into a nest of about 200 of them outside of Casper, WY. Big tour buses instead of conestogas. All of them dressed in pioneer costumes (though I didn't peak at their undies). I heard one girl being told she was sinning since her ankles were showing. Another girl yelled at a boy saying, "Mr. Ward's significant wife is looking for you." When they saw my Illinois license plate, I heard grumblings about Carthage and Navoo. I got the hell out of Dodge.
In the words of Beaver Cleaver speaking to his older brother, "It was creepy, Wally."

While there is much to criticize in the older religions, the more recently created ones seem even worse. Mormonism with its golden plates, etc. is nonsensical, Christian Science is dangerous, and Scientology is a scam. With all the religions in the world as models of what to include and what to omit, surely someone can do better than Joseph Smith, Mary Baker Eddy, and L. Ron Hubbard have done.

I want a Raëlian president. 

I have come to the opinion that Obama is a closet atheist.  At any rate, he is a vast improvement over Mittens.  I have never read the book of Mormon, but I have heard enough excerpts  to be totally disgusted by it.  I refuse to be amused.  It's just too creepy

Obama was raised humanist/atheist, and not long after accepting Christianity he began to show interest in public office.  Coincidence?  And when Dawkins evaluates Mormonism, who am I to disagree -- especially when he's dead on.

Both Mormonism and Christianity have beliefs that are barking-mad. The only reason Mormonism sounds crazier is because most of America is Christian so we were inundated with Christian beliefs since childhood, even if you were raised by Atheist parents the culture is saturated with Christianity.

If most of America were Mormon even if you didn't accept that religion the prevalence in the culture would have gotten you used to hearing Mormon beliefs.

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service