i watched a movie that criminals go to hell. i see it wrong because there's a reason why they become a criminal like poor parenting, environment, genes, etc.

i guess the problem of other religion didn't recognize mental problem because they are afraid that people have thinking that crimes are not made of evil.

i just want open a topic about this. i want to see the opinion of other atheist.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Religious people have to have a REASON for everything.  It can't be random.  I guess they don't care about forgiveness, etc.  (Not that some criminals should be forgiven.)  It's so simple to them.  Bad people go to hell, good people (who believe) go to heaven.  Truth is when anyone dies, they're just dead.  No recriminations, no what-goes around-comes around. 

Dan Rea,

You are correct and good in your sentiments but are going a little overboard in expressing them. What you say appears to mean that you may kill some one, with some good reason to do so, because you know that there is no hell. The religious faithful argue in the same fashion and say that atheists may not have morals because they do not believe in religion. I just want to say that we should be more careful with our woeds and should not create an opportunity for the religious ones to criticise atheism.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service