In a report from the Huffington Post, dated 3/22/2014, it is reported that Creationists are demanding equal time on the Fox series "Cosmos", hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Though some philosophers of science regard Creation Science and Intelligent Design theory as legitimate science, but that it is bad science, what makes these Creationists really think their faith-based ideas and theories of a universe and life created by an intelligent designer can compete in the world of good science, wherein ideas are tested through observation and experimentation, where the ideas that fail are tossed, and the ideas that pass are accepted by science as fact, and where theories are amended when new and better evidence is presented ? Something that is lacking in Creationism, which refuses to change with the presentation of new information. They simply find a dishonest way of forcing new ideas to fit with the foundation of Creation Science (viz., the Bible). What are all of your all's thoughts on the matter ?

Tags: Cosmos, Creation, Science

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a good joke creationists!

And while the proponents of the bible vaingloriously point to vague and unsubstantiated prophecies, Neil deGrasse Tyson introduces us to two superstars from the origins of modern physics in tonight's episode of Cosmos: Sir Isaac Newton, who quantified the laws of light, motion, and gravitation (never mind giving us the calculus), and Edmund Hailey, who used those tools to accurately predict the return of the comet that bears his name!

Checkmate, Creationists!

Halley, bro.  Rhymes with "valley."

Thanks. I wondered!

[chuckle!] Like THAT's gonna happen!

Right? lol

That's a good one, Mindy.

Thanks Mike.  See?  Facebook is good for a few things. lol

The god-crowd continues to circumvent the separation clause of the Constitution with slimy legislation disguised as education options.  Millions and millions of taxpayers dollars are being spent on creationist schools across the country.  The movement is growing.  It needs to be stopped.   Take a look at the list of tax supported creationist schools supported by tax vouchers.  

http://creationistvouchers.com

Gene, Thanks for the http://creationistvouchers.com site. 

Creationists demand everything and they have no proof of anything! Intelligent Design might seem like it is valid, but then I saw a cloud in the sky that looked like Jesus. How would I know? How would this cloud be valid proof of anything? To the theist everything looks like god in the midst, so they come up with "intelligent design." It's wishful thinking for the believer.

Just yesterday I was browsing the Internet and found a site claiming to have "5 Proofs" for the existence of god. The first 3 were stupid things like "sunsets" and a "feeling that you know is right," etc. Number 4 was "the reserrection of our lard and savor, Jeebus Crust." I did not read number 5.

Such is the proof and logic of the christian. My advice on "Cosmos" is that if you do not like the program do not watch the program.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service