Create a Quote (Pro-Atheism, Anti-Theism, or Maxim)

Just feeling a bit creative right now. Always interested in the thoughts of others on the subject of atheism. As an exercise I thought it would be good fun if we came up with our own orginial quotes to express our atheism.

"If America was truly a Christian nation, there'd be no one left"

"Why are you an atheist?...I thought about it"

Tags: Original, Posters, Quotes

Views: 936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Don't believe in Evolution? Who gave you a choice?"
Well, though, what is any scientific experiment but a collection of anecdotal experiences in multiple bodies? We develop an idea of 'fact' by having everyone observe the same phenomenon, experientially, and coming to the same conclusion as to it's implications/reasons. I don't have a particle accelerator in my home, but if CERN, Fermi, and the one in New York say they've determined that protons are made of quarks, I'm liable to believe them and accept it as a fact. This is axiomatic but vital to our sense of knowledge.
Right - like a large enough bundle of twigs is as strong as a trunk.

Our knowledge will never be 100% positive, but it can be damn close.
there was no sarcasm there. I was agreeing after you clarified a little bit - it sounded like you believed in some other form of knowledge acquisition. I had to toss that last sentence in there to clarify, but I did a shitty job...English sucks...
Those who ignore facts and cling to outdated information, or outright falsehoods, can quickly embrace fanaticism.
-- Cal Thomas
To all worshipers of every stripe.

In your pomp and all your glory,
You're a poorer man than me,
As you lick the boots of death
Born out of fear.

Jethro Tull - Windup
"Only sheep need a shepherd." Need I say more?
If a billion people believe a stupid thing - it's still a stupid thing.
I like the FFRF quote, "Nothing fails like prayer"
I made a shirt a while back that said," Thank God for Darwin".
Well that shirt is the main reason that my family became suspicious of my non-belief in their christian god.Good times! But when I wear shirts like that in public most people just look. I live in San Diego California so it's not too conservative. Plus I am black and I think that really just confuses people. lol I've actually met other Atheist while wearing my shirts.lol
A little enlightenment is a dangerous thing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service