Create a Quote (Pro-Atheism, Anti-Theism, or Maxim)

Just feeling a bit creative right now. Always interested in the thoughts of others on the subject of atheism. As an exercise I thought it would be good fun if we came up with our own orginial quotes to express our atheism.

"If America was truly a Christian nation, there'd be no one left"

"Why are you an atheist?...I thought about it"

Tags: Original, Posters, Quotes

Views: 930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Did I hammer three nails or only 2?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, Jesus?
Salvation? We don't need no stinkin salvation.
Jesus's love. I won't say I'm missing it Bob.
So tell me, Jesus, is that a cross in your robe, or are you just happy to see me?
Does Jesus exist, because the pope ruled out birth-control ?
A christian friend of mine was proselytizing and I could not help saying, "So, your invisible friend is better than all the others." He responded, very seriously, "But mine is real!" Not an original quote but goes to the delusional state of the truly religious.
"An enlightened christian is both an oxymoron and a regular moron" Ken Loukinen

"Motorcycle helmets should be made from the skulls of fundamentalists, is there
anything denser" Ken Loukinen

"If prayer worked, 911 would be a church hotline" Ken Loukinen
"If prayer worked, 911 would be a church hotline" Ken Loukinen

That one's great.
I like the last one. (It would make a superb Saturday Night Live skit.)

But your first two are just ad hominem attacks that could easily be addressed back toward atheists. Ridiculing the belief (rather than the person) makes more headway. Most atheists, at least in the USA, were once believers, and most of us did not emerge from that abyss by considering ourselves, our friends, and our families thick-skulled morons.
"Motorcycle helmets should be made from the skulls of fundamentalists, is there
anything denser"

Love it!
"Atheists after the Rapture-------FINALLY", now we can begin to build a society founded on reason.
Well, the chances of a rapture are even more remote than my golden retriever suddenly reciting Shakespeare's sonnets while wearing red high-heels, but if there were a rapture, we would have quite a bit of new information to contend with. The universe would be different than we expected.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service