Create a Quote (Pro-Atheism, Anti-Theism, or Maxim)

Just feeling a bit creative right now. Always interested in the thoughts of others on the subject of atheism. As an exercise I thought it would be good fun if we came up with our own orginial quotes to express our atheism.

"If America was truly a Christian nation, there'd be no one left"

"Why are you an atheist?...I thought about it"

Tags: Original, Posters, Quotes

Views: 937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank God I'm an atheist!

If you agree not to pray in our schools, we won't think in your churches.

Um, these were already made, but they're wonderful anyway:

Only sheep need a shepard.

In the beginning man created god.

You keep believing, I'll be over there evolving.

Failing science class? Try religion instead!

Not exactly "snappy", but a great quote nonetheless.

"Which is more probable; that the laws of physics or the laws of nature be suspended, by the way in my favour, or that I'm under a misapprehension? Everyone has to ask themselves that question. That's if they saw it themselves. If they take it as a report, issued through and filtered through dozens of other non-eyewitnesses and corrupt texts down the years then I would think anyone who says that they think of the resurrection as an historic fact is advertising a willingness to believe in absolutely anything."

Christopher Hitchens

Oh, come on!  Do we REALLY have to borrow from that douche bag O. J.?!?

Yeah ... except that O.J. got his ass handed to him in the civil suit that followed, never mind his stupidity after THAT.

Besides, god being vengeful may have been hot stuff with Cecil B. deMille 70 years ago, but in the age of Star Wars, it's just cheap special effects.  Eventually, SOMEONE is going to be more interested in STEAK rather than sizzle ... eventually.

Knowledge destroys perfection...Perfect knowledge is a myth.

Wake up America Religion is bad for you and your children:  

Christians make up 80% of the U.S. prison population

Atheist make of only 1%

Evangelists are kinda like The Who's 'Tommy' - deaf dumb and blind kids who sure play mean spinball'.

Of course I mean dumb in the politically incorrect sense. In the politically correct sense, it would be nice if they were. (Just got a sudden flash of evangelist trying to convert victim using only body language. There's a challenge for some wannabe stand-up!)

"Evolution: Millions of adaptations can't be wrong."

Atheists have the emotionally maturity to face reality without needing an imaginary friend.  That's my response to the Theist who say "Atheists are just people with no hope" or "Atheists just hate god" or whatever. 

I need to believe in God in order to be good, like I need to believe in Santa Claus in order to be generous.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service