Cows, pigs, chickens, …and women: GOP Reproductive Logic 101

The Republican "War on Women" has yet another proponent. No joke, the WTF?'s from the GOP have been coming fast and furious of late, but this one takes the cake!

“Life gives us many experiences…I’ve had the experience of delivering calves, dead and alive. Delivering pigs, dead or alive."

"Georgia State RepTerry England compared women seeking abortions of stillborn fetuses to cows and pigs. He was speaking in favor of HR954, which makes it illegal to obtain an abortion after 20 weeks even if the woman is known to be carrying a stillborn fetus or the baby is otherwise not expect to live to term."

"England then decided to say that the argument against abortion must be great if his cockfighting friend is willing to give up cockfighting so that women will stop getting abortions…  Said the cockfighting enthusiast, who has been threatened by cockfighting laws, and bristled against them forever until he found his cause in the zygote:

"Mr. Terry, I wanna tell you something. You tell those folks down there, when they quit killing babies, they can have every chicken I’ve got."

Georgia Representative Terry England (Republican, Auburn)

(no, I'm not trying to propagate a stereotype, this pic is from his website)

Tell members of the Georgia Senate to VOTE NO on HB 954! Find your Senator at http://votesmart.org/

Views: 666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unbelievable! It should be illegal to remove a dead fetus? Let Terry England carry around a lump of dead meat in his abdomen for half a year if he wants to.

Insanity! I can't believe this crap. It makes me angry.

What the &*$?!!! This shit is insane!!! I propose a bill that would make every person wanting to run for an elected position to have a mental checkup, and have one every year. This really takes the cake. My mother was a woman, and she certainly was no pig. Nor my sisters, my aunts, female cousins, or friends. I feel sickened to be of the same biological sex as you, since in my book you are not a man, just someone of the male gender. Bigotry really makes me go off, and you ARE a bigot. If I have offended you, good. My intentions exactly.

Are you directing this at Richard?  Because, I can assure you, he doesn't believe that crap.

It looks like he's addressing the Georgia asshat anti-women GOP Rep. and those of that ilk:

"...a bill that would make every person wanting to run for an elected position to have a mental checkup…"

Reading comprehension fail :(

Susan, I really goofed on this one. I looked at the photo of Terry and wrote to him. This morning I realized how it read to others. Thanks for catching this, because I could have failed to read it and how it appeared. 

I'm sorry but this made me laugh

My mother was a woman,

I would expect nothing less.

Yes, sadly the obvious can sometimes be a distraction from a more profound meaning ...when things aren't cherry-picked out of context.

…bummer.

This is the douchebag who sponsored the bill...

(BTW, this douchebag was a pro-choice Democrat until he "found Jesus" and switched parties)

More GOP logic from Representative Charlice Byrd...

Email Addresses, in case anybody's curious...

Terry England - englandhomeport2@windstream.net

Doug McKillip - doug@dougmckillip.com

Charlice Byrd - charlice.byrd@house.ga.gov

Hey everybody. Yeah, I got upset at that douche, and vented. Sorry. While at work tody, I found his e-mail address, and I plan on sending him my thoughts, but much more calmly. Again, sorry I vented and upset anyone on this site. Last thing I meant to do. Sexists, racists, and people like that

really get to me.

No apologies dude, …we're all pissed at these, despicable excuses for human beings, …and a little peeved at those who vote for them as well.

I agreed with every single thing you said, …and then some.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service