Cows, pigs, chickens, …and women: GOP Reproductive Logic 101

The Republican "War on Women" has yet another proponent. No joke, the WTF?'s from the GOP have been coming fast and furious of late, but this one takes the cake!

“Life gives us many experiences…I’ve had the experience of delivering calves, dead and alive. Delivering pigs, dead or alive."

"Georgia State RepTerry England compared women seeking abortions of stillborn fetuses to cows and pigs. He was speaking in favor of HR954, which makes it illegal to obtain an abortion after 20 weeks even if the woman is known to be carrying a stillborn fetus or the baby is otherwise not expect to live to term."

"England then decided to say that the argument against abortion must be great if his cockfighting friend is willing to give up cockfighting so that women will stop getting abortions…  Said the cockfighting enthusiast, who has been threatened by cockfighting laws, and bristled against them forever until he found his cause in the zygote:

"Mr. Terry, I wanna tell you something. You tell those folks down there, when they quit killing babies, they can have every chicken I’ve got."

Georgia Representative Terry England (Republican, Auburn)

(no, I'm not trying to propagate a stereotype, this pic is from his website)

Tell members of the Georgia Senate to VOTE NO on HB 954! Find your Senator at http://votesmart.org/

Views: 779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You didn't upset anyone. 

I absolutely LOVE this………...

We have all been touched by strong women. They have informed us at the most basic level, making us who we are today. And it is our duty to support them, stand by them as THEY deem, and not try to impose our will upon them. We are all our sisters keepers, to coin a phrase [Ha ha. Sometimes that little old book of tales comes in handy]. For when we love, support, defend our sisters, we are doing so for a most selfish reason. It benefits us. And that is the truth.

The main problem with guys like Santorum, Scalia and Thomas is that they have no consciences.  Instead they have a Church dogma in their heads which they think is one.  But the Church dogma they have is neither rational nor moral.  It gives the same rights to a fertilizes egg as a child, it excommunicates pregnant girls who have been raped but does not excommunicate any Nazis of the Third Reich. These guys are walking around and leading others but have absolutely no consciences in their brains and are unable to feel genuine human empathy and compassion and to know what is wrong and what is right.  They only feel what their church allows them to feel, which is obedience and loyalty, which are totally inadequate substitutes for human emotions and conscience.

The GOP is awakening a sleeping giant: women.

"I know that sniveling little erpublican is in one of these cars.  Which is it?"

This is my most fervent hope.

Just came in and caught the end of of a section on Hardball. The governor of Pennsylvania was weighing in on a mandatory bill to require women who want an abortion to have an ultrasound. I didn't catch all of it, just the very end, but the governor said "can't make anyone look, they can close their eyes" about the women forced to have the ultrasound. Will go Hardball online to find entire thing. But if I heard what I thought, well douchebag is being to kind. If you find before I can, post if possible. Thanks.

"The governor of Pennsylvania was weighing in on a mandatory bill to require women who want an abortion to have an ultrasound."

That was a bait & switch bill as well:

"Rep. Kathy Rapp (R-Warren/Forest/McKean) called her measure, House Bill 1077, the Women's Right-to Know Act, and in her explanation letter to lawmakers said women would have an opportunity to get an ultrasound before having an abortion.

Rep. John Payne (R-Dauphin) and more than 100 of his colleagues signed on as co-sponsors.

"The real issue was insurance companies were refusing to pay for an ultrasound that a woman wanted, that she wanted, before she had an abortion," Payne said."

That was the bait, then came the switch...

"The bill, however, changed in committee. The language toughened to state that women must have an ultrasound before an abortion and the monitor must be pointed toward her."

Aha!

"But more than 30 lawmakers have pulled their names from the bill, refusing to close their eyes to what they call a bait-and-switch.

"I'm offended that the bill got changed," Payne said. "I'm more offended that the prime sponsor didn't circulate a new memo. I will never again co-sponsor a bill by Kathy Rapp, never."

Well, it looks like some have a conscience.

"I’ve had the experience of delivering calves, dead and alive. Delivering pigs, dead or alive."  He's done nothing until he's delivered pizzas.  Then he can talk.

I wouldn't trust that douchebag dumbfuck with a pizza.

He might deliver a dead one.  Like the pigs and cows.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service