By now most of you have heard or seen Congressman Todd Akin Republican of Missouri show his total ignorance by saying the following:

"First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare... If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Akin is also a member of the House Science and Technology Committee.  I see a oxymoron. "Congressman Todd Akin and anything to do with science".  Congressman Akin needs to crawl back into the cave from which he came.  The link is a Petition asking for his removal from the House Science and Technology Committee.

http://www.leftaction.com/action/tell-boehner-remove-akin-science-c...

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Already got either that petition or one very similar to it and signed it. 

It's sad enough that there are people like the Taliban who have no regard for women and wish to treat them as chattel.  It is far worse to me to see someone like Akin, the product of a modern civilization, talking out of his ass and likely motivated by his pro-life stance.

The stupid STILL burns...

What's even sadder is that some if not most of his fellow Republicans are just as ignorant not to mention his constituency.

Signed the petition, and left the following comment.

"Personally, I think a better position for Mr. Akin would be the 'Research on How to Make Fire From Rubbing Two Sticks Together' committee. Though, admittedly, this may be over-challenging his intellect."

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service