UPDATE:
We have installed a new Chat Room. Please check it out and leave any questions and comments in this thread. If it works well, we will keep it.

Earlier Post:

As many of you know, the chat room changed a couple days ago. First, I need to make it clear that this was not our choice. It was changed by our network provider.

Due to the large amount of problems reported (both in the chat room and across the network), we have disabled the chat until it is fixed. We are told that it won't be long.

We will also be investigating embedding a different chat client on Atheist Nexus. There are many out there, but each seems to have its own set of problems.

Thanks for your patience, understanding and incredible support.

Tags: chat, problems

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you mean...At a Linux forum I'm on,we use Ajax, which is the best one we have found so far.
Goz, do you know if the Ajax chat can use member's Profile names and not require another sign in? Also, can it be embedded?
UPDATE:
We have installed a new Chat Room. Please check it out and leave any questions and comments in this thread. If it works well, we will keep it.
Am I the first??!!
I have minor vision issues. The light grey text of "previous" conversation is almost mpossible for me to read. Also, the font is too small. If I get up almost on the screen, I can read it.
How do I get rid of the giant youtube app next to the chat? It takes up almost 2/3 of the available space on the page and squishes the chat to almost unusably small proportions.
Ditto!
Yes, we know this is a problem. I have been trying to change it.

Speaking with the company who designs the software, they said that the program is in Beta and hopefully it will be resolved soon.
hi I can't use this new system because of google's boycotting i have describe the problem in a post blog :
http://www.atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/because-of-googles-boyco...
I like #2 better than #1, but I think some form of audio leveling should be available
So far Chat #2 is the winner. Increasing the number of docks available and a 'How To' would be a nice addition. I would prefer a way to make the chat room font larger, but so far I really don't have much to complain about. Thanks for the improvement.
Ditto. Just the same old question - is it just "dumb" chat ? Or are there other commands you can use in the GUI ? And logs ?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service